Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A different needle in hand

I decided that I could not decide on what to stitch next... my dilemma of looking for a project. So I found this yarn in a bag on the top shelf of the craft closet...
It is Interlacements Rick-Rack yarn and the pattern is Fan and Feather Shawl. I bought this yarn years ago and forgot about it. It is a rayon blend. I do enjoy knitting every now and again. The pattern came with the yarn and I am not sure of the name of the color way..... but it is bright and pretty to me. Somewhere on that same shelf is another lace project...might look into that one of these days. My oh my did we have strong winds yesterday and last night.... Mr H was sure to secure the yard things. Today is beginning with lots of clouds and the temp will be cooler today. Mr H has an appointment today with a spine surgeon to check out how much change has occurred in his disc issues. It sometimes seems like a never ending cycle. Sorry, did not mean to sound complaining....maybe it's because the sun is not shinning this morning...maybe another cup of coffee....Let's change the subject, shall we? On Saturday Mr H and I visited a Rose Garden ...
many pretty roses. We have been there many times. We looked, we stole a sniff here and there and found a few that we really liked like this one...
The softness of it's look and gentle color...there were missing name placards so I do not know what this is except very pretty. We also stopped by the garden nearby at the library.....
where we met up with this fellow...I had hoped he would display his magnificent tail feathers, but no, he preferred to stare at me. There were many hens around but this was the only male that I spotted. They were resting under various bushes so I am sure they were there also watching us. Not to be out done with the blooms...
the Prickly Pear Cacti are just so lovely this time of year....I love how they have that waxy look and full of pollen for the bees. This display is at the end of our street...
there is a  bunny hutch beneath this massive planting. The Quail also hide inside and occasionally the Roadrunner can be found there. It is a generally safe haven for the bunnies against the hunting coyotes. Well my friends, and I do thank you for your friendship and kind words, that is about it for today....glad you stopped by. Hope you have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful yarn! And what lovely photos. I love roses as well.

Lelia said...

Just look at those flowers! Quite delicate and colorful. What a delight for the eyes.

And, your knitting, go you - I have been spring cleaning (clearing out) as our oldest daughter has her own home. Went thru closets, storage, etc., to get the 'staff' into her place.

Enjoy your day - we woke to light frost, and now 50s/sunny/ daffodils ... Must be March.

faith76 said...

The Prickly Pear Cacti looks beautiful in bloom! Pretty yarn, looking forward to seeing your make.

faith76 said...

The Prickly Pear Cacti looks beautiful in bloom! Pretty yarn, looking forward to seeing your make.

Vickie said...

There is the prickly pear cactus! I never told you, that we all enjoyed trying that jelly you gave us. Neat!

Shelly said...

Nice start on the shawl and what nice colors also. I know what you mean about the wind. I got no sleep last night because of the wind. I worry about this huge tree that sits at the corner of my house in the back yard and when it gets windy, boy, there's no relaxing for me! I'd like to cut the tree down but it cools off the two rooms that are below its branches in the summer. I have not seen wind like that in all the years I have lived here in Arizona. Hopefully it has died down some for tonight. I love the cacti flowers, and as you said, waxy feeling to them. Enjoy the cooler temps, Gracie!

butterfly said...

Love your new yarn, and love that rose garden so pretty.
We had 100 mhwinds over Easter not nice , hugs.

Cindy's Stitching said...

the yarn is so pretty. the flowers are so pretty.

Bea said...

Such beautiful flowers!

That knitting yarn is gorgeous - the finished piece will be striking.