Thursday, March 31, 2016

A B C --123

At 5 AM this morning I decided to drive to the Post Office to mail a letter...did not want to get dressed, so I added a zip front sweatshirt to my jammies and drove the mile to drop the letter in the outside drive thru box. So glad it was still dark outside! Just another old lady from Sun City!!!! Never left the house yesterday as I was not feeling all that great with my allergies, so.....
knit was what I did. I am really liking the color way of this yarn. I have been asked in the past why I have threads going through the pattern. If you knit lace you know, if not.... they are called "life lines". It means that after you complete so many rows and you know that all is correct up to that point, you stitch a line through the row. Now, if as you go along you make a mistake that you can not fix, you can tear out to that point and voila! you do not loose any stitches. Also if you drop a stitch it can only run to the line. I use this method with all my knitting. See the bright magnetic numbers....
this is how I keep track f where I am. For this pattern there are 16 rows...I use numbers up to 9 then assign letters to the last of the rows; especially good with this pattern as the last 6 rows are garter stitch. For my easel....
isn't this neat? I found this in an antique shop in Connecticut over 30 years ago and it works great. The very top also slides up to give greater height. It is called a study stand and was manly used by stenographers.  Of course I also have the plastic ones sold with the needlework supplies.... but I do love this one. Fun to repurpose items. Since Mr H and I bought are having allergy issues, outside time is limited again today. Gee, I guess I will just sit and knit. Thank you for you wonderful friendship and kind words....hope you have a great day.

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Hope you are feeling a bit better now gracie .
Your kitting is looking great .

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work on your afghan and it's knitting up well! Life lines are a great idea, I will have to keep that in mind next time I knit something of any length.

Angela said...

Beautiful progress.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Such pretty colors in the piece. the magnets is a great idea. hope your allergies go away soon.

Bea said...

Like the life line idea - may have to use that the next time I do a long piece.