Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Just have to share

Look...
we have an egg in the nest! There was lots of commotion earlier so after Mr & Mrs Finch left, Mr H used a mirror to peek...and so I could take a picture...an egg! How exciting....they can lay up to 5 eggs so we shall wait and see. If you enlarge the picture you will see a few piece of floss that I put out for her to take and she did. Top left, DMC 3041--lavender and  top right DMC 3687-- rosy pink....how lovely.  They are not around and I guess they do not have to stay with the nest yet....hopefully nothing will bother the egg. I have been stitching today on the Snowflower Diaries SAL. The rabbit is about finished. I thin I will switch and work on my pin keep. My sewing machine is waiting for me also. Oh...I think I hear them back in the yard....well if you are surprised to see a late in the day post from me...so am I...I just could not wait to show you! 

7 comments:

butterfly said...


Wonderful how exciting , thanks for sharing.

Vickie said...

I have had my orts in the apple tree waiting for takers for a week now. I am sure you will spy another egg today. :)
I am working on the SAL also.

geeky Heather said...

What a sweet little nest! Growing up, we had wood duck boxes nearby. They would lay one egg a day for a month or so! Fly in the box in the morning, lay an egg, then fly out, not to return until the next morning. Until one morning mama duck would come to stay until the eggs hatched!

Carolyn said...

How very exciting! Thank you for sharing. I do love listening to the birds on our back patio. Have a great day!

Julie said...

How exciting, I wonder if the pink thread is a clue they are expecting a baby girl!

KimM said...

How exciting. Your floss makes a house a home. 😃
Hugs

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely photo. I am glad you put out soft coloured ORTS and not neon orange. Mrs Bird needs a tastefully decorated nest!