Saturday, March 19, 2016

Vintage Sewing Caddy

This is from the 1950's and I have had it since I can not remember when. It is a rotating sewing caddy made by Westcraft Plastic which was in San Francisco. I keep some small spools of thread and in the shelf where the green arrow is, is my aunti Angies's tatting shuttle. It is broken but I must keep it for the memories. I found a few advertised on eBay and another site for selling ranging from $12 to $16...to me mine is priceless. It stands around 6 inches high and 8 inches long and 5 inches at it's widest point. I visited Tammy Black's blog and although my caddy is not in the same league as the lovelies she is showing, I just wanted to share my little one. Mr H and I enjoyed sitting outside for a couple of hours yesterday...had lunch and watched the birds flock to the Bottle Brush tree in front of our house...
It is really a pretty tree but shortly the blooms will start to fall and what a mess it makes. In the meantime we enjoy it as well as the birds. Along came a Gila Woodpecker...
who decided to perch on the side of a tall palm tree ....and then the bunny came out to snack on the grass
it was quite a busy courtyard, and at times it was very noisy too. I even managed to stitch...well, a few stitches, but it still counts. I think we have another egg but I will have to wait for Mr H to check as I am not tall enough to hold the mirror and anyway, Mama is in the nest. I guess that is about it my friends...so glad you stopped by. My stomach is asking for nourishment and I have a 9am appointment...so off I will go. Thank you for your friendship and kind words....have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

faith76 said...

I have never seen these sewing caddy's before, nice storage space.

faith76 said...

I have never seen these sewing caddy's before, nice storage space.

Vickie said...

You are right about priceless. I have some of my Great Aunt Ethel's sewing things, and I have not parted with them.

rosey175 said...

Love the little sewing caddy! I have some of my great-great aunt's items; my grandma is convinced I'm channeling her craft love. :) That is a new-to-me blog; thank you.

Ele said...

What a pretty little thing you have there. You're so right to treasure it!
Have a good weekend

butterfly said...


Another great post love the sewing caddy .
Have a lovely Sunday.

Brigitte said...

I had never seen such a sewing caddy before. Such a little treasure.

Cindy's Stitching said...

a pretty treasure.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a really sweet sewing caddy. I have my Great Aunt's sewing basket. We just acquire these things!

Janice said...

Gracie I have my mom's metal sewing container. It was actually featured in a magazine as being a 1950's lunchbox. It has pennants all around it. It's so cool

Janice said...

Gracie I have my mom's metal sewing container. It was actually featured in a magazine as being a 1950's lunchbox. It has pennants all around it. It's so cool