Sunday, December 6, 2015

Things are progressing...slowly

Can it be already a week since Dennis had surgery? He is doing well, but needs some prodding to do the PT. He obviously got hungry after 10 PM last night while I slept, cause there are dishes in the sink...he had some soup. Now, how did he manage to get it out of the fridge, heat it in the micro and then get it to the table? Since he is still asleep, I will have to wait for the answer.
So obviously he did go into the garden to feed the fish....(lower right, one of 3 that are around 10-12 inches!) as you can see they are still okay and then checked the plants and as you can see they are fine...that is a sunflower growing in the window box?! Hope today will be a good PT day and I will not have to threaten him! with telling the PT people tomorrow. I know it is painful, but it needs to be done faithfully. Have you made your own ice packs yet? Well...
You take equal parts water and alcohol then add some dish detergent and voila, an ice pack that does not freeze but stays very cold. To be honest, I did not measure just mixed and it is fine. I used a quart freezer bag, then put that in a gallon zip lock and another one for safe measures. Insert into a pillow case and you have a great ice pack. The detergent is for safety..adding a color so you know not to eat or drink I suppose. I recently finished a Christmas ornament but it will be posted on the 12th as I am taking part in Jo's Advent calendar blog hop. Very little decorating around here but I did put up one of the trees... I will take a picture later for posting. Some lights are outside but not our usual display.I managed to get to the Post Office yesterday...more to mail this week and a few to complete packing for mailing. I seem not to have any time recently.....anyway, I am so happy you stopped by today. Thank you for your friendship and encouragement. It really means  so much to me. Hope you have a great day.

7 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Thanks for the recipe and I hope you can help Mr. H keep up with the PT. Also, the therapists can usually tell if you've been doing your exercises. But yes, if he doesn't want limited mobility for the rest of his life, PT is very important!!!

Vickie said...

What a rascal he is! Have fun tomorrow! ;)

shirley flavell said...

Glad the surgery went well. He will make good progress now. The relief of the pain he probably had prior to surgery is wonderful.Take care. Happy stitching Hugs Shirley

Fiore said...

Glad all is going for the well. I often think about you.

Julie said...

I hope your patient is good today and completes his exercises.
{{hugs}} xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I hope you solved the mystery of the night time wanderings!

Love the ice pack idea too.

Brigitte said...

So good to read that everything went fine with the hip replacement surgery. And hopefully everything will be fine with the PT after a while when it it will be less painful. All the very best to Mr.H.