Thursday, December 10, 2015

Tree is decorated

Seems funny to have a small tree in the living room.....
This is the tree we bought when we first moved here to Arizona. That first year we were in an apartment so a small tree was best. It sits atop a table giving it height. This year with Mr H needing to be able to get around safely I thought this would be better than the full and tall tree. So, I chose specific ornaments to display since I was not going to unpack the large box to find ornaments. This year one of the new ones is the Southwest Canyon Santa, had to include one of the Mexican senoritas, and an origami star and for added sparkle the beaded pillow. My tree is not complete unless the Christmas Spider is included. A couple of years ago I made and sent out as gifts several spiders. Several days ago while visiting with blogger Heather I spotted one of the spiders I had sent out in her tree....it brought a smile to my face. That year I also sent Heather's little man some reindeer food. the offer for Reindeer Food is open this year for any child...if you would like a packet sent, email me the name and age as well as the mailing address and I will happily send some. I would like to say thank you for all the good wishes for Mr H who is doing splendidly. His therapy went well yesterday and he is starting to go outside to walk. I might add no more walker and he really does not need the cane. There was a special package in the mail yesterday. I received my exchange from Sherry. It will wait till Christmas to be opened. Hopefully my package to her will arrive soon. Well my friends, that about does it for today. So glad we had some time to chat....thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Nothing wrong with small trees at all. :) Looks great!
What wonderful news about Dennis! So glad.

Tiffstitch said...

We can only fit a small tree as well, and we don't even have it up yet! Glad Mr. H is doing well and getting around so easily after surgery. That's great news.

butterfly said...


Your tree looks wonderful gracie , I brought a small tree last year to have in the lounge , nice and easy to put up it's a snowy one I love it , I have another med one in there too but don't have to dress it .
Then my big one goes in the conservatory with my stitching bits on there.
I think when I get to old to decorate it all I will just pop out my small tree ha.
So happy to hear MR H is doing so well, Christmas blessing to you both.

Sherry said...

Your small tree looks lovely. So nice to hear that Mr H. is healing and regaining strength. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and a great month leading up to it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's a lovely petite tree with some beautiful ornies on it.
We usually get our reindeer food from the Primary School Christmas Fayre. The Nursery children make it.

Dotty's Daughter said...

Lovely tree and wonderful news re your dear husband.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

glad Mr. H is doing so well, love your tree..Who needs a big one anyway. I have only put up a very small tree myself it's just Dave and me so who needs big. Happy Holidays to you both love and hugs

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love the small tree gracie. may mr. H have a quick healing.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

So glad to hear Mr. H is rambling and on the mend! GOOD NEWS!
I adore your tree :)
Hugs and love to you both!

Julie said...

Your tree looks delightful
Best wishes to you and Mr H