Saturday, December 12, 2015

Jo's Christmas Blog Hop

Today is Day 12 of Jo's Blog Hop and it is my day  to post. I really enjoyed stitching my Canyon Santa this year
I love Mill Hill kits. Stitched on all the provided materials on perforated paper. Jo asked that we share Christmas traditions..... Since moving from Rhode Island to Arizona, 3,000 miles from family and traditions, Dennis and live a very quiet holiday life. We have a nice simple meal for Christmas Eve and usually a ham dinner for Christmas day. I bake cookies, although not like I did when the family would gather, but still we need our cookies too! It still seems strange to be dressed in shorts and sandals for Christmas, but I do love it after so many cold and snowy Christmases. Would you like to see a picture from my childhood Christmas Eve?
See the date in the left bottom...December 1950. I was 3 years old, and I am the little face that looks like I have a flower for a nose...that is my sis Linda reaching down to me with my mom and all my cousins (dad's family) All the ladies, mom aunt Easter and aunt Lena were all married to brothers and only my mom is still with us. Of the cousins, one has passed some years ago. This was the children's table in the kitchen of Grandma's house...the adult ate in the dining room. Such wonderful memories. I treasure this picture......Whatever your holiday plans and traditions are, I do hope you have a wonderful holiday. Thank you for visiting and I hope I have made a few new friends. Now remember to stop by Astrid's  tomorrow for day 13. Catch up on the other days at Jo's.

17 comments:

Brigitte said...

Your Canyon Santa looks gorgeous. And it was fun to see the picture of a long gone Christmas dinner and read about your Christmas memories.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Boy, that picture sure brings back memories to me. thanks take care big hugs

Christine said...

The Santa is lovely! Thanks for sharing your family Christmas photo

Justine said...

Canyon Santa looks fabulous! I've just started my first of these Mill Hill kits.
I really enjoyed seeing the photo of your family gathered round. What a great idea to feed the children all together!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year and sharing your unusual Santa with his festive mountain lion!
Love the family photo too. Christmas must have been a lot of fun with all those cousins together.

Vickie said...

What a gorgeous Canyon Santa. We seem to be headed for a warm Christmas up here. Well, warm for us. No shorts or sandals. ;)

Julie said...

Old photographs are so lovely to look at, you were a sweet little one.
Great santa

gominam said...

Lovely Santa stitching. What a special picture you shared with us, brings back precious childhood memories! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Lesley said...

I love your Santa with his green jacket and bushy beard.
How lovely to have a photo of your Mom,Aunts and cousins.

Annette-California said...

Your Canyon Santa is beautiful Gracie! Cooler here but not sandals and shorts - LOL! Merry Christmas sweet friend. love Annette

Barb said...

What a delightful Santa. It was fun seeing your photo of a past Christmas time.

Katie said...

Hopping by on the blog hop. Oh I love Mill Hill kits too. Love your Santa! Happy Holidays!!

Mini said...

Hi Gracie, Hopping on from Jo's Advent Calendar Blog hop. You have stitched a beautiful Santa .Wonderful family pic

cheryl said...

Canyon Santa is wonderful. I love your childhood photo. Merry Christmas!

Elfie said...

I so enjoyed your lovely post, your photo (and we share a birth year, by the way!) and your Santa. Merry Christmas!

Stitching Noni said...

What a lovely post! I love that photo :o)
Have a wonderful Christmas
Hugs xx

Astrids dragon said...

Your Santa looks great, I love how you display him. What a precious photo, what a treasure! Happy New Year!