Sunday, December 13, 2015

Getting a bit more festive

I looked around this morning at 4AM and needed to see a bit more Christmas.....
so....out to the garage to see what I could find and this is what I found. The ballerinas were already swaying across the mantel. I think when nighttime falls I will get a better look at how it looks.



a few mason jars filled with lights and giant and small ornaments and of course a bow and it pleases me. As I said, I can tell better tonight as the light dims around the room. I guess I am still not resigned to the limited Christmas decor. Had I known how well Mr H would be doing with ambulation and such, I would have put up the bigger tree. Yes there is still time, but for this year  is what it is. I will get over it. Maybe it is why I am not stitching...no motivation....I spent one hour putting about the craft closet trying to find something to interest me to no avail. I suppose I will try again today.....
Today, well now, it is the 25th birthday of my 2 great nephews...cousins. My Nephew's son Joseph was born in the morning and my niece gave birth to Nico in the evening...same day 2 different hospitals. So hard to say it has been 25 years. I think I need a cup of coffee to sit and remember all the years in between. Good memories of these 2 grown men. So nice to have you stop by for a visit...thank you for your friendship and your kind words....have a great day.

6 comments:

shirley flavell said...

Hello Gracie, I think your Christmas lights and decorations will look lovely . Yes 25 years ago, goodness me I can't believe how the years are speading by.I would love to be in my 40's again, but I guess you can't be greedy:-)Hugs Shirley

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love the decorations gracie.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

I love the ballerina's and your mantel looks festive. Hope Mr.H is doing better. big hugs

Tiffstitch said...

Very pretty mantle! I'm glad Mr H is doing so well and hope you can find something to tempt your needle. :)

Julie said...

Your mantle looks very glitzy and sparkly.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The ballerinas look lovely, very Sugarplum Fairy!

I've not really done much decorating for Christmas yet but I've got a couple of days off work so hopefully I'll do some now.