Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Making a list...

I make a list constantly...list of to do, list of to get list for this and that....The list I just made was for baking supplies. I have never been as organized for event baking as many of you are...baking ahead. I like to do the baking just before. First of all, when I have baked before, the goodies were eaten rather quickly. Even with just the two of us they would not be around for long. Mr H has a very sweet tooth.... okay, I do too. Speaking of Mr H, today is the day for the staples to be removed..and there are a lot of them. I am hoping we get a good report from the doctor. Yesterday they really worked him long and hard at PT.  I just wish he would not do a few of the not to do things right yet. I, by the way, have been busy...
First, have you ever visited Todolwen's blog? Her creations are divine. Anyway, she recently posted about Drop Cloth Christmas Tree ornaments.....so although I do not have drop cloth, I did make one, my version.
I had a print of strings of lights and thought why not...and then I saw paper snowflakes so of course Iwanted to try them too...
I liked making them using card stock. I prefer the smaller size so I will make a few more even though we do not get snow in The Valley...and I do not miss it. These will be the only snowflakes I will have around me! They will be up and around for January.Then I decided to make
place card angels for me and Mr H for Christmas dinner. I have some old sheet music and thought why not. I used a metallic gold pen for the outline...hard to tell, but it does look nice. I like playing with paper in between stitching. I think these angels will make nice ornaments for the tree too. Finally I gathered my next project and it did not come out of the craft closet...but from the bookcase....
I have the fabric measured, basted, and now on stretcher bars ready to go......a bell pull from this book. It has been some time since I have done a project like this, but I am sure once I get going it will come back to me. This book has excellent directions.All the packages that I mailed out have arrived, with the exception of one   as it was not delivered yet yesterday when I checked. So I will be off to check on it now. Glad you stopped by today. Thank you for your wonderful friendship and you kind words for me and Mr H too. Have a great day.

7 comments:

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Good thoughts for Mr. H and all those staples....yucky...getting the taken out when I have had my c-sections...oh yowza it sort of made me sick to my stomach.
Hoping Mr. H is of sterner stuff than I am :)
I love, love, love your sweet place setting angels. CUTE!
can't wait to see your new start!

Vickie said...

Mr. H certainly seems to be progressing well.
My, you have been very creative Gracie. Such sweet, little pretties you made.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Beautiful decorations lee. very talented.

Dotty's Daughter said...

Hope all goes well for Mr H, lovely decorations and thank you for sharing the blog it came from.xx

Brigitte said...

Good to hear that Mr H is doing fine, I hope it wasn't too painful to have the staples removed.
Such nice Christmas decoration.

Julie said...

Such a lot of lovely things to see in this post, the angel placecard is fabulous.
Cant wait to see the drawnthread work, ages since I did any of that.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those fabric trees are lovely! You could also make them out of paper.
Your snowflakes and angels look great too.