Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Has it really been a week?

I must say this at home relaxing time sure is nice.... I have relaxed a week away! Yesterday was my last therapy session with Jake. We both agree my hand is where it will be for at least now. Yes, there has been significant improvement, and I still have issues with some swelling and discomfort in the hand. It is what it is. Jake does not recommend my returning to work at this time. I will continue the home therapy plan.On Friday we will see that the surgeon recommends. I have enjoyed reading past week along with a few good old movies. It is still quite hot here..... we actually broke the record for 2 days reaching 117 one of the days. We are in a cool down...only 107 yesterday. I just tell me, myself and I that one of these days I will be sitting outside stitching. I have several projects lined up. Finally got to the post office to mail out the magazines...not an inexpensive deal but I am happy to pass on these wonderful stitching magazines rather than they sit in a box. Before I forget....September Card Exchange list is getting ready...let me know if you are interested. I will email the list by the 29th of August. Guess that is about it for me today. So glad you stopped by to chat....thank you for the encouragement and your friendship.... have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie. Are you able to just retire? Maybe that would make things a lot easier on your hand? The cutting counter has to be very bad for it.

Debbie said...

Wishing you good luck when you see the surgeon. Hopefully your home therapy plan keeps things ok for your hand. My goodness you've had hot days! Stay cool!!

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Hi, hope it cools off for you soon,Dave and I just got back from swimming. We worked this morning until 2 and then headed for the beach. Boy, the water was great. Count me in on the September cards. I got mine picked out and ready to write on. Big hugs Gracie

KimM said...

Hi, Gracie! Hope your hand continues to heal. Looking forward to the September exchange. Stay cool
xxx

butterfly said...


Hope you are enjoying resting up gracie.
Look forward to the next card exchange hugs.

Julie said...

Hope the news is good from your surgeons visit. xx

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Will be thinking extra special good thoughts that surgeon will be able to help you further...a hand injury (especially in your dominant hand) is surely debilitating.
Good Luck!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry that your hand is continuing to trouble you.

Please count me in for the September card exchange. It is my Birthday so if people want to send Birthday greetings that would be lovely LOL

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I really hope your hand settles down even more soon. And the weather becomes more pleasant.