Wednesday, August 12, 2015

stitching finishes

Finally Red Riding Hood stitching is finished...
I had hoped to have this completed long before now, never-the-mind, it is ready for final completion. I did make changes and still not sure about the final outlook it will have. I found this calming to stitch. Thank you Isobel for a wonderful design. I also finally finished the stitching for an ornament...
It is Be Merry Angel by Giulia Punti Antichi. This is from the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments issue of 2014. When I first saw this I wanted to make it but kept thinking "these are not Christmas colors". But finally I did gather up my supplies (32ct linen from bin) and here it is ready for completion. I know she will be lovely when completed. Yesterday w2as a crazy monsoon storm day. I was driving home from therapy when the sky turned dark and the winds were blustery. Debris and dust began to fly everywhere as I sat at the stop light. The car actually rocked with the winds and finally as I pulled into the garage, it broke loose. The dust was thick and the wind very strong. Shortly, the rain began and later last evening another rain moved in with thunder and lightening..... very interesting day! I expect today to be quiet and storm free.... I would like to spend some time reading and thinking about my finishing of the ornament. Hope your day is a quiet one...Thank yo for your kind words and for visiting with me.....enjoy the day.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Yay! Congratulations to you. I am glad you got these done Gracie. It was long and hard, but you need to take care of yourself.

Nurdan Kanber said...

Both of these works are just wonderful Gracie♥

butterfly said...


Take care gracie and congrats with your lovely stitching.

Julie said...

A pretty ornament you are going to have when its made up. Red looks super. We are supposed to have a storm later today... hope not!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Red Riding Hood is a wonderful finish, I really like the look of this design.

Ele said...

Congratulations on two lovely finishes! Hope the weather improves for you today :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love Red and her Wolf. Looking forward to seeing how you finish her and the ornie too.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Very pretty Gracie. Hopefully you don't get anymore storms.

Shelly said...

Great finishes, Gracie! We had a humdinger of a storm couple mornings ago. Woke me up! I had to get up anyway! Thanks again for the magazines :)

Annette-California said...

Congrats on your 2 beautiful finishes! Glad you made it home safely! love Annette

Brigitte said...

Two very nice finishes!

Debbie said...

Red Riding Hood is beautiful! Love the ornament too.
Hope your hand is improving.