Friday, August 21, 2015

Why do I look into the box?

Mr H and I enjoyed a lovely quiet day yesterday. Well, that is.... I went into the craft closet looking for I do not know what. I decided to look into the sewing/quilting container....what is this at the bottom?
Oh my goodness me! Many...many years ago, I was taught how to quilt by a lovely lady. Her name was Beatrice Angell (back in RI). Often I have thought about her and wondered what became of her. Anyway, this was a quilt block she taught me to make. I completed 5 of them and found one in progress. It is called Star of the Orient from the book Scrap Quilts. Beatrice was a very generous lady who supplied me the book, made the templates and the fabric. It was never my intention to make a whole quilt. I certainly do not have the fabric to do so..... but I will complete block 6 and find a way to make this usable. This is hand stitched which is one of my favorite things to  do. A lot does depend on 3what the doctor says today. Someone asked me about blogging. Why I do, what about the followers and the comments, etc. I guess we all have our reasons for blogging. I wanted to keep this "diary" of work and thoughts. I enjoyed visiting blogs and learned how to join in with comments and eventually became involved in some exchanges and give away. I loved seeing the bloggers who followed me grow and of course love the comments. Have you gained and lost followers? Some have stopped blogging or post less than often. But that is okay. If I had one wish it is that everyone would leave a way to respond to  their comments. I read someplace recently a complaint that some blog post are too long.... can not please all. Most important is to please ourselves and along the way hope that we make and keep blogging friends. What are your thoughts.... Oops...maybe this post is too long! Yesterday, one of our errands was to purchase a new wireless keyboard and mouse. Mr H discovered why the last one was not working properly; a loose connection that really would not be worth having fixed. So, I am trying to get use to the touch of this one. All I can say is good thing I have spell check!!! Well, guess that is it..... so glad you find the time to visit with me. Thank you for the kind words and most of all for your friendship. Time for me to visit around blog land. Have a great day.

10 comments:

Vicki said...

What a great find! Can't wait to see how you finish it.

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie! That is lovely work.

Chookyblue...... said...

Some have changed their blogging ways but you and I are still here doing the same thing.... I love all the friendships I have made asking the way....... Do your comments get sent to your email account because you just reply from there except for the few who are no reply bloggers......it that what you mean or something else..... .

Debbie said...

Sure hope you get good news from the doctor today!

Blogging is different for everyone. For me it is a place to journal what's been going on. Friendships made are wonderful. As are comments received.

The bonus is being able to share in exchanges. Gracie the monthly card exchange has been wonderful.

How nice to re-find the blocks. I look forward to seeing your completed project.

Have a wonderful weekend!

lynda said...

How much fun is that...finding something that you had long forgotten about?
My sister-in-law was a wonderful quilter. We are lucky enough to have one of her beautiful quilts, and I always think of her when I see it. Maybe someday, I will try my hand at quilting. It's something I've always wanted to do.Maybe you could make a small wall hanging with those six blocks? I'm sure you will think of something creative to do!
I miss blogging. We have been so busy at work that I am usually so tired when I get home that I just collapse in a chair, and end up nodding off. I feel like such a slug! Anyway, I am starting to realize that I really need to take a little time for myself and blogging is one of those ways I can do that. So, I am going to try and make more time for me. We'll see what happens!
Hope you get good news about your hand.
Enjoy your weekend!

Shelly said...

Gracie, this post is just too long, says the newly appointed blog post length police! Just kidding! I blog for about the same reason as you, to meet others with my same obsession, and it's nice to go back and see what I've done. Whoever is complaining should pass a lengthy post right on by. Sheesh! The quilt looks great, maybe a small table runner? It would look real nice. Take care, Gracie. Hope the hand feels better.

Heather S said...

It's always nice to find something half finished as opposed to just started! Six blocks sounds like a good lot for a table runner/center or wall hanging. If blog posts are worth reading they are never too long.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How lovely to find an old memory in a drawer! I hope you will continue with it.
I find as many new bloggers as old ones retiring. I do sometimes wonder where people go to, they should put a Goodbye post up!
I blog partly as a diary and partly to connect with other bloggers. Which is why I organise the blog hops.
I also love to respond to comments via email so try to find one for the no reply people.

rosey175 said...

What a pretty memory! That is a nice pattern. Would six make a decent-sized lap quilt for those chilly days in AZ? :))

I am very forgetful so blogging helps me remember my journey in crafts. I like to see other's works for inspiration and like to share my own little attempts. I definitely fall into the "too long" category and that is probably off-putting to certain bloggers. Even I have my own opinions about different blogging styles but everyone is different~ I do love a long rambling comment though!

Sorry to hear about your hand. Time will do its thing, I'm sure.

Julie said...

What a wonderful treasure to rediscover.
I blog as a diary for myself, its nice when people read and comment. I've lost quite a few bloggers this year. I don't do other social media.