Sunday, April 5, 2015

Bunny and books

Easter Greetings from our courtyard bunny who stopped by yesterday to lunch on our Lantana bush! He also enjoyed all those red blossoms that fell from the Bottle Brush tree. Today Mr H will be cooking ham and fixings.... I will assist. I bought a bread mix to make. I also bought...
a couple of books....with Esther's help of course. It all started with my asking her about a book a week or so ago. She said it would be coming in. On Friday she called to say it was in so off Mr H and I went to get it.
I had seen this on Facebook somewhere and knew I had to have it. It is the cutest doll making book around. Using pipe cleaners and floss to make the bodies and there are so many pattern designs to choose from. I quickly grabbed a few items and waited for Esther to cash me out. (We need a manager to ring up our sales) While she was doing so, she said "there is a book I wanted you to see... do you want to see it?" I said no, then okay and next thing I knew I was adding it to my purchase...
 this is a lovely book with beautiful patterns and full size patterns at the back of the book. Lots of applique work and great instructions. Now to find those extra hours to play with each one.Lucky for me I am on less hours for now and plan to try to dabble in all of this along with my cross stitching. With the weather being in a cool down (instead of 90's, back to the high 70's low 80's) I hope to sit outside and gather all my want to do things. The yard is a blaze with color....

these lovely petunias are so cheerful. They popped up in the cracks along the walk just in front of the lanai. We do not water them at all and they thrive. I have to remind myself to step over them each day! Well dear friends, it is time for a cup of coffee and something to eat..... so glad you stopped by today. Thank you for your kind words and most of all your friendship. Have a wonderful day....

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Happy Easter to you both!
What a lovely surprise the gorgeous petunias are!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Happy Easter to you and Mr. H. Cute bunny. I have been watching my neighborhood bunny the last couple of week. The books look interesting. Thank you for the card. Enjoy your day.

Mdm Samm said...

oh you choose such lovely patterns and you bring smiles to my heart...will add you to my blog list so others will smile too..

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a cute little rabbit, it looks quite young. I too succumbed to the Wee Felt Folk book and have collected a few bits and pieces to get started - they look so neat when finished.

Ele said...

ooooh! I am sure we will see some lovely finishes soon!
Enjoy

EvalinaMaria said...

Happy Easter to you too!
Evalina, This and that...

Chookyblue...... said...

enjoy those new books.....your petunia looks beautiful......happy easter........

diamondc said...

Happy Easter

Catherine

KimM said...

Happy Easter, Gracie! Love the bunny - he's so CUTE!!
xxx

shirley flavell said...

Hope you had a good Easter Gracie, N.Z. had beautiful summer weather, our clocks went back an hour over the week end. Lovely flowers popping up through your courtyard, so pretty. Look forward to seeing your wee folk makes. Hugs Shirley

blue star stitcher said...

Hope you had a beautiful Easter, love the photo of your bunny. We have a few that love the grass lawns in our neighborhood.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm sure there are bunnies around here but I've never seen one in our garden. Just deer eating the tulips!
The books look lovely, especially the doll making book. Although I work in a bookshop we don't get too many craft books in stock, knitting and crochet mostly,