Sunday, November 30, 2014

Trees, Father Christmas, and a Ballerina and more

Mr H surprised me this week. His favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Christmas has never ever been a holiday he likes. Oh he has never spoiled it for anyone; it is just not the holiday he enjoys. Except..... recently he and I have some nice new memories and I think he is beginning to enjoy it more. For example: Christmas has never arrived at our home before the first week of December. He has begun to put the CD's in and will be helping me get the living room ready today...today! and it is not December. The first to be put up is...
Father Christmas has finally arrived. I picked it up yesterday. Simple is what I envisioned and this is what it is. The stitched area measures 10 x 11 so it is not very large. I love the frame...
very simple but just right. Of course museum glass is always a must. I am very pleased indeed. If you are reading about him for the first time, you can read here.   He has a story to tell. This is the first year that Mr H and I were able to go to The Heard Christmas Marketplace sale. I set up my tree in the kitchen and this year it is Southwest. These 2 ladies just had to come home to sit in the tree...
and then I found Hilda...she just had to come to live at my house
For Christmas I added a red check bow. There were so many nice ornaments at The Heard this year. While there we had a delicious  lunch at their cafe...and sat outside on the patio. Not ready to return home, we stopped at Old Town Scottsdale so I could pick up more Prickly Pear Cactus jelly and I found a new ballerina to joi8n the first one....

I love these darling ladies. I am told that there are several more...oh dear, that means , yes, there will be more to hang in the window! Now it is time to start getting Christmas to The Horton House. I think I will start with the fireplace mantle. Whatever yur plans for the day, hope you have a wonderful time. Thank you for visiting and all the kind words.

*******************************************
PS there is still time to sign up for the Card Exchange...you can read about it here.

10 comments:

KimM said...

What a great post! I love Father Christmas - and your SW ornaments are adorable.
xxx

Anthea said...

Hi Gracie - so lovely to see Father Christmas overseeing the room, he looks wonderful, well done! - great that your husband is enjoying a bit more Festive Spirit...

Sally said...

Hello Gracie

Father Christmas looks lovely and the frame is perfect.
Lovely ballerinas and sheep.
Wishing you a peaceful week as you decorate for Christmas x

Shelly said...

The Ballerina ladies are really pretty. I would be collecting them too! Nice to see Mr. H getting into the spirit. Sounds like a nice day was had!

Nurdan Kanber said...

This Santa is really adorable as well as the sheep! How pretty your fat ladies!

As per the ballerinas; they look extremely beautiful ♥ Just love them all!

Greetings

butterfly said...

Love your picture and frame gracie , and your new ornaments.
I can't put my Christmas things out yet untill my carpet comes next week , then I will get started.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Looks GREAT! I remember Santa's story :) And I am with you on the no Christmas until December, although I did put it up Friday, as my boys have their Birthday on Dec. 4 and I like to have it up by then..

Brigitte said...

Oh Gracie, he is just wonderful , your Father Christmas in the frame you chose for him. And such nice new tree ornaments.

rosey175 said...

My Christmas stuff has been oozing its way out of storage since Thanksgiving; everytime I go upstairs for something I managed to bring a bag or can or tub down. Soon I won't have a living room!

Your Father Christmas turned out wonderful! His beard is truly magnificent and that frame works so well with the whole piece. :D

Julie said...

Santa looks stunning in his new frame.