Monday, December 1, 2014

Tis the season

Spent yesterday putting up the tree
lots of help from Mr H. One more tree to put up...the one in our bedroom. I will get to it today. I still have some tidying up to do. This year it seems like I made more of a mess than usual. I finished Dear Santa.
Mr H cut the wood for me then I added a few colors, a little sanding and done. The pattern is The Primitive Hare, the linen was white until I dye it with coffee and put it in the microwave. I used DMC threads and added the large snowflake instead of stitching it. I am pleased with it. The angels are up and a few wreaths to go.... the outside lights are also on the schedule for today. Oh and today is just a beautiful sunny comfortable day. Would love to find someplace to go later. I kited up my next Round Robin piece so it is ready to stitch.
Once again I am participating in Jo's Advent Blog Hop  2014   ....Today is Bruna so be sure to pop over and visit. I will be day 9. Always a fun time and a new theme this year...best present received.  In the meantime, I will finish my tea and try real hard to get things put in order around here. Glad you were here to share time with me. Hope you have a great day.

14 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely tree, can't wait to put mine up hugs.

Annette-California said...

Your tree is beautiful! Love your Dear Santa ornament. love Annette

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I love your tree! It is stunning! And your Dear Santa.... spectacular!!!!

Heather S said...

Gorgeous tree and the Dear Santa is just lovely.

Caitlin D said...

Beautiful tree! I can't wait to put mine up :-)

Lee said...

Love your tree had not thought of having one in the bedroom will have to give thats some more thought thanks for the idea.

Vickie said...

Beautiful!
Love that you and Dennis made 'Dear Santa' together.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Really pretty. Love the tree..

diamondc said...

Dear Santa is so sweet love the dye job you did on the fabric.
Such a pretty tree.

Merry Christmas.
Catherine

Julie said...

Dear Santa looks wonderful as does your beautiful tree.

Sally said...

Hello Gracie

Dear Santa is lovely and your tree is beautiful!

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely tree! Looking forward to decorate ours :)

shirley flavell said...

Love Dear Santa, he is looking superb. Lovely, lovely tree.Hugs Shirley

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful tree with all the lights.
I love the way you have finished Dear Santa too. I am sure it will give him a good giggle when he delivers your presents (or lump of coal!)
Sorry I didn't sign up for the card exchange, international postage costs are so high now. But I would like to say I enjoy receiving the ecards you send. They are a lovely idea.