Monday, September 8, 2014

We have had a storm

Now, I know you are thinking so what..... but today the entire Arizona Valley had the highest rainfall ever....ever! Many major roads had to be closed and secondary ones also because of flooding. It really does not take too uch to have flooding out here as the ground is so hard and dry, the rain water does not get absorbed quickly enough. The dry canal at the end of my street looks like this...
the water is about 2 feet deep and flowing. We need to be out later today and I am hoping that it does not rain again and flood more. At this moment, the sun is out and it is again muggy.
I have Elizabeth's pocket finished....
and yes, a tiny biscornu. Sorry I did not iron it yet..... with thunder, lightening and the pouring rain, I did not really feel like ironing this one small item. I think I might begin the assembling on Wednesday. I am almost ready to mail out my RR so I will get that finished and packaged today for the Post Office tomorrow. I just subscribed to Just Cross Stitch Digital magazine yesterday. This is a wonderful Christmas edition....75 wonderful designs. I have trouble getting it lately so this way it is here immediately. What I also like is that I have access to some past issues. What's not to like about that. I will download to a disc when the next issue arrives. I just picked out a design to stitch..... and made my working copy. The recipes and stories are so nice to read too. Okay, time to get moving and make the bed and do a few things so I can stitch. So glad you stopped by today. Thank you for the kind words. My hip is pretty much pain free and that dreaded headache finally went away by Friday. It is all because of your good wishes for me! Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Shelly said...

Some storm you all had down there. I was amazed to see the news reports about I-10 looking like a lake! And some of the rainfall totals are just crazy. I woke up at 5 am to a pounding rain but nothing like you all had down there. Looks like you'll have a pain free day today!

Annie said...

Hello Gracie

What a storm and I hope you don't get caught out and about in any rain.
I love Elizabeth's pocket and the tiny biscornu!
I'm so glad your hip and head pain has gone (:

cucki said...

My dear I hope this storm goes away soon ..thinking of you all so much
Your stitching is so beautiful and cute little biscornu :)
Hugs x

stitchersanon said...

I hope the stormy weather breaks soon. Love the biscornu: perfect finishes

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Sounds like Bad, bad weather down your way. Good luck with your digital subscription to Just Cross Stitch mag. I let mine lapse in the end as after a while they just stopped loading onto my ipad (even though they were paid for and I had looked at them before) and I could not work out how to get them onto my Mac.

butterfly said...


Looks like you are having allot of rain there, hope you don't flood.
Love your stitching and the lovely biscornu .
Wishing you a fun day .

Anthea said...

Hi Gracie - so glad you're feeling better, pain is such a nuisance!
I've been thinking of you with your weather - saw it on the news here in Aus - wow that dust storm was enormous, stay safe with all that water about... x

Annette-California said...

Glad your feeling better. Love your sweet mini biscornu with the bloom of Elizabeths chart. Hope there's no flooding for you. love Annette

Julie said...

Pretty stitching.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, that's a lot of rain for a desert state! We're used to it here in England LOL

The pocket is lovely and that biscornu is so sweet too!