Tuesday, September 9, 2014

stormy sky and a setting moon

I love the sky...love the clouds and the moon. I went out to get my newspaper and this is what I see...
looking East...
the possibility of more rain and stormy weather? Very dramatic. Then I turn my head to the
West....and see...no, not the sun it's ....
the moon not quite ready to relinquish it's space in the sky. The air feels a combination of dampness and muggy. We had a brief down pour at midnight which lasted only 10 minutes. Yes I finally fell asleep only to hear the phone ring at 11:30.... an unknown caller! Usually I do not hear the phone but I had not been sleeping long. So, I have been awake. What do I do when I am up at these crazy hours? Stitch of course. I started this....
It is Cinderella from The Primitive Hare. Isabelle's design called to me...it will be perfect with my glass coach and glass slipper. The colors are just right , just 3 colors. I had the perfect piece of linen and the correct size too. Right now, however, I am feeling both tired and hungry. As it is 6:14 AM I can't really fall asleep..... going to work today. I can at least make something to eat and a cup of coffee. So, I guess I will say glad you stopped by and thank you for all the kind thoughts and words. Have a great day.

7 comments:

cucki said...

My dear I love rainy days too :)
Your new start is super great..
Big hugs x

butterfly said...


You are having allot of rain right now.

Great start on your new project .

Wishing you a fab week.

EvalinaMaria said...

Love your sky pictures. New start looks promising ♥

Annette-California said...

New start looks great:) lovely photos. love Annette

shirley flavell said...

Forever busy, apparently the moon is quite a bit closer to Earth at this time and won't be this close again for about 13 years. Something to do with it's orbit (so my hubby informs me:-)). Watch your stitchery progress with great interest Grace. Hugs Shirley N.Z.

Annie said...

Hello Gracie

I love stormy weather, the earth looks beautiful after a good downpour.
A lovely new start (:

Julie said...

A lovely skyward picture you captured, not so lovely being woken up by the telephone.