Friday, September 5, 2014

Blooms, vines and thistle

Just heard we may be in for another Monsoon storm...blowing dust along with it. Seems like we just finished cleaning away all of the dust from the last one! The temps continue to remain hot...I need a cool down...I would even be happy with a 90 degree day.
Just put the final stitches in on Elizabeth's skirt...
sorry it is not pressed...too lazy to get out the iron. I am so pleased with the colors and overall piece......
now to start on her purse. Today I will pick up the dowel and wood base for her. Making my Jo Ann's shopping list! I hope to work on finishing this coming week. I think I will look for a doll dome to cover her with. I would like her to remain clean and not touched to often. So far it has cost (kit) me $203.00, but worth it.If I it together myself I do not think I would have saved that much.
On Wednesday I call our pain doctor....I could barely walk just before coming home from work on Tuesday. My left hip (from recent fall) was killing me. Of course he did make time to see me and injected my hip bone and groin area. So of course Thursday was headache day which seems to happen after these injections, black and blue mars and aches. Today, so far, I am feeling pretty good. The last of my injections was December of 2012 for the right hip (arthritis) and it has lasted with minor discomfort which I will always have. Today and tomorrow for work then a couple of days off will also help. Sunday is our Tat and Chat Meet-up.... several ladies plan to join The Debra and me. I think I may have to start a few Christmas trees for gifts. I guess that is about it....really nice to visit with you ...thank you for the kind words and friendship. Enjoy your day!
If you believe in faeries clap your hands.
J M Barre

10 comments:

Heather S said...

Love your x-stitch for far, just beautiful Gracie. Hope your hip is ok now.

Heather S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vickie said...

The doll is going to be just gorgeous. I think the dome sounds like a real good idea.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice borer........

Chookyblue...... said...

nice borer........

Annette-California said...

Yea Grace!!! WOOHOO! The skirt looks beautiful. Congrats on finishing it.
Hope you feel better soon.
love Annette

Ele said...

Sorry about your hip and headache. Hope you feel better soon and can fully enjoy the weekend
Your doll looks lovely! I am sure it will be a real stunner when finished. The dome sounds like a very good idea for such a special project!

cucki said...

Hope you feel better soon dear..
Beautiful stitching and I love it
Sweet hugs x

Annie said...

Hello Gracie

So sorry to hear that you have been in pain and hope you are feeling better soon.
Elizabeth's skirt looks beautiful (:

Happy weekend.

Julie said...

The skirt looks beautiful.