Monday, June 16, 2014

Good start to my week

It is always nice to start the week on a positive note...the swelling in my hand has gone down, it is still sore, but much better that last week. I was able to stitch and finished The Civil War needlebook...
This is from The Prim Society group and I am really happy that I decided to stitch this piece. This was my first SAL so I have a lot to learn/understand about group projects. I love pincushions, pillows and needlebooks, so this will be added to my collection. I am so glad that I can resume stitching...  I am lost without a needle in hand. Plans are to resume Clematis and get ready for the hummingbird piece. I dyed the fabric yesterday...
The design is a garden against the sky so I wanted a very pale blue linen and it is just right for me. I also played with some Aqua dye..
and although I am not sure what I will do with these small pieces, I like how they turned out.
One is mottled. As you can see by the white linen piece, the light blue is very soft looking and the aqua pieces are soft also.
Always a surprise when I dye fabric. I must get outside and get the plant umbrellas up ..... I will have to show you the pretty colors the plants get to sit under... until then, glad you took time to chat with me... have a great day.

7 comments:

Rachael Ball said...

Love the dyed fabric, really beautiful blue x

Julie said...

So good to read the swelling is down and you have been able to stitch a little. Your needlebook looks beautiful.
Great dyeing, a lovely subtle blue.

Cindy's Stitching said...

really pretty.

cucki said...

So so cute..
Big hugs xx

Lelia said...

Really nice. I joined the Prim Stitcher group because you did!!!

I like your project. Looks nice.

Annette-California said...

LOVE your flag prim needlebook!
I think your fabrics came out great! how pretty. love Annette

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You've made a great job of the needlework book, it looks lovely.

I'm so pleased that you can stitch again. I would be lost if I couldn't stitch every day!