Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Umbrellas up.....

My task each morning is to open the three umbrellas in the yard
These are not ordinary umbrellas... these are for the plants.... yes, to keep the hot Arizona sun off the plants during the hottest part of the day. Our back yard is in sun all day. We do not sit under these colorful sun blockers.... we could, just have to set up a chair and relax. Purple, red and turquoise are this years colors. They do not last for more than a yer or so. The winds that sweep across our corner lot can be very strong and occasionally have toppled the umbrellas only to damage them. Mr H moves them around according to which plants need the shade and of course the small pond and the fish get last shade. You might ask why we do not have a permanent solution to the sun... because some plants need it and this way Mr H has something to do everyday!
I enjoyed stitching yesterday on Clematis but do not want to bore you with an update picture yet. While looking for one thing in the "warehouse" ( as Mr H calls the craft closet) I cam across a very long overdue project that calls to be finished. More about that later, but I must either locate and finish these hiders or keep out of the warehouse. That being said, I will thank you for visiting and and pour myself another cup of tea and stitch for awhile. Today is a work day for me...hope whatever your plans are that you have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

cucki said...

Enjoy your day..
Happy stitching dear xxx

Rachael Ball said...

I love the idea of a craft closet :-) x

stitchersanon said...

Lovely umbrellas...reminds me of the sea side. We have had two days of sunshine in Ireland and I have had enough now rofl xx Not sure Arizona would be the place for me to live!

Annette-California said...

beautiful umbrellas! Have a great day Gracie!
love Annette

Carolyn said...

I don't have a blog, but love reading yours. I do love cross stitching, too!

Julie said...

The umbrellas looks wonderful and bright, I don't think I would cope in your heat... I prefer cooler temps.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The umbrellas are a great idea, we usually need them here for the more traditional reason! I do like the idea of having jobs just to keep Mr H busy though!