Thursday, June 12, 2014

Boo Boo and a mail

Well my friends, the doctor found arthritis in my index finger and severe inflammation in my hand yesterday morning.
He decided on giving me an injection right into the area....I did request leaving my hand and returning in an hour or so, but he rejected that! But, I will say he was very gentle and it did not hurt as much as I thought. Advice is to ice as needed and rest it when possible and return in 4 weeks. It does feel a little better today. Later yesterday the mail delivery brought me a delightful package.
I am a member of the Prim Stitchers Society and Charl had posted that she had a needle punch needle set to offer...and I got it. I do not know how to do this but always wanted to learn....look at how sweet the package was wrapped. And Charl included a design complete with the design printed on fabric. I am not really into samplers although I have done a few small ones. I do love many of the primitive designs and have done many of them. This will be a new challenge for me. My hand will really have to heal before I attempt this. I am able to simple stitch and rather slowly at that but only for short spurts. It will be an interesting day at the fabric counter today and the rest of the week.
It was a busy day yesterday. My friend did come over and sit helped me to understand a few things on the desk top. I learned so much in a few hours. He told me to keep a list of items that I need to understand and then we will get together again. what would we do without friends. I truly value friendship and I am greatful to all of you for being a friend. Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

13 comments:

cucki said...

Oh no dear :(
Hope you feel better soon.
Big hugs x

luli said...

Ti faccio tanti auguri e spero che l'infiammazione alla mano si risolva presto.

Chookyblue...... said...

bugger......hope things improve quick...........

butterfly said...

I gracie hope your hand gets better now hugs.

Julie said...

Hope the injection helps and you can be pain free.
take care, love and {hugs} x

Andrea said...

Hope the injection gives you some relief.

Heather S said...

Hope your hand improves enough to pick up that needle punch kit. I have done some and find it easy and quick. But in saying this I still have not finished the project! LOL!

Minnie said...

I hope you have relief soon and this doesn't interfere with your stitching.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your hand looks very painful, I hope it feels better soon.

We don't have punch needle here in the UK but this is the third blog I have seen mention it. Is it having a resurgence in the US?

KimM said...

Hope you're better soon.
xxx

Vicki Boster said...

Gracie-- oh my, that looks painful- I hope by now you are feeling some better. I've been there so I totally know your pain!

Wishing you well--
Vicki

Brigitte said...

Oh Gracie, this doesn't look too good. But I hope that the injection will help your hand and finger to get back to normal very soon. That new little package certainly was a kind of consolation. I hope that you can work on it ery soon.

annie said...

Hello
Just found you through Cucki.
I hope your finger is recovering well, it does look painful!
Your blog is lovely, such beautiful stitching and tatting.
Wishing you a good day!