Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I got mail

Mr H and I enjoyed a very relaxing weekend. While I was stitching on Sunday he put in a James Taylor concert DVD. We watched and I eventually stopped stitching however, but that was okay. Monday was another hot day...translates to, if you do not have to go out, stay in day. I got lots of stitching done on Clematis......
Now I remember why I did not finish this piece. Remember I told you it was from a small company printed in 1999. Well, the outline and vine directions are printed right over all the charted symbols and in some areas making reading those symbols difficult. Today, most designs have a separate paper with the directions for this. Anyway, it is looking nice and will look much better with the vines and outlines. I am trying really hard not to put this down to stat something new... that's right, something new that arrived in the mail yesterday.
I wish everyone would stop forcing tempting me to buy new projects! First is Threadwork Primatives Cival War Needlebook kit....I know this will not take too long to stitch, the time will be spent getting it ready. Then there is a Bird Brain Design, Beware The Witch is Coming embroidery. It is stitched on a tea towel.I know it is Halloween, but I had to have it now because I want to make a few for gifts. They have such great designs. Do you see those little bubble containers? they are to hold DMC Perle cotton balls. Too cute....I had to have a set of ten! These would have been very helpful when I was embroidering Natalia's quilt. I think they would be fine even with my tatting thread when the ball gets smaller. I love gadgets!
I must get the umbrellas up for the plants. The laundry is on and I need a cup of tea. Today is a work day. So happy you visited with me today.... thank you for you friendship.  Enjoy your day.
Every now and then,
when the world sits just right,
a gentle breath of heaven
fills my soul with delight...
~Hazelmarie "Mattie" Elliott, A Breath of Heaven

9 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet stitches....
And your new stash is super yummy..
Big hugs xxx

butterfly said...

Love what you are stitching very pretty.

KimM said...

Love your stitching - and what STASH!!
hugs
xxx

stitchersanon said...

ooo lovely xxx

Mouse said...

well done on the stitching front and gorgeous new goodies .... love that tea towel :) and what a fab idea for the cottons ... love mouse xxxxx

blue star stitcher said...

The Clematis design is beautiful, and just think how nice it will be to have it done!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

That's a lovely verse, I've never heard it before.

Julie said...

Clematis is growing beautifully.
A lovely verse.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on persevering with the difficult chart, we do appreciate the computer printed charts now compared to the older hand drawn ones!

The towels look very cute, I stitch hallowe'en all year round anyway!