Saturday, May 31, 2014

Round and Round I go

I am really enjoying this Round Robin experience. I just wrapped for mailing... on Monday... RR#2 going to Cucki.    Shirley in NZ received my piece so I can now show you...
It is a Just Nan piece that I have had but never stitched. It originally calls for a hummingbird charm to stitch in the center, I did include it along with 2 fat quarters of fabric...forgot to take picture! forgot that Shirley does not have a blog! Shirley let me know that it arrived and she will certainly add the charm when she decided how she will finish it. Love the subtle colors that Just Nan chooses for her designs. I will definitely be stitching this for me.
Yesterday Mr H and I took the 50 mile ride to The Attic. I wanted to pick up threads to send to Cucki that she is not able to get in South Africa. I was able to get 12 out of 15 specialty threads for her. I also needed my magazine for an upcoming possible SAL.
I have wanted to make one of these Pincushion Dolls for so long.... love it. Finally decided to go ahead. Jean, from The Attic is going to put together a kit. WE talked about it yesterday and the doll bodies are on order. I know I could gather the materials and order the doll part, but I thought this would be easier, definitely not less expensive though. While I was browsing abut, I saw this...
somehow it flew home with me! I really love the Just Nan designs. This Singing Pin Bird is so sweet. Mr H was also roaming around the place and showed me a sample and said he liked it.... I said I have that pattern. So that will be next in hand. I will tell you it is hummingbirds at the feeder in a flower garden..... did I mention that I have had the pattern for a few years? Just pulled the DMC threads and still need to get a few. Since I am working today, that will not be an extra trip to get them.
I think I can safely say that I am finally eating real meals. I still include the lovely blah BRATTY diet, and have not had a cup of coffee in a week! I feel much better and less tired. This body just needed more than rice and bananas. I do miss the coffee. I have one more week of the meds. Glad to get this put in the past. Are you still with me... I know a chatty post today. I am happy to have your visit and your kind words. Hope you have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

What a good friend you are! Cucki will appreciate it. :)

KimM said...

So pretty! Love the design -
xxx

cucki said...

Wow so lovely..
Love it so much..
Big hugs xxx

Annette-California said...

You are sooo kind to help Cucki!
Let me know which threads you were not able to get for her please!
Beautiful stitching Gracie!
love Annette

Heather S said...

What a wonderful x-stitch, it's just beautiful. Hope we see what she makes from it and I'm looking forward to seeing the doll pincushion made up.

Lelia said...

Lovely RR stitching. Pretty with or without a charm - and the pincushion project will be stunning once completed. I've not made one, either. Enjoy the week-end

Julie said...

JN designs are so lovely, the hummingbird one you stitched is beautiful.
Love the puncushion doll!
How wonderful Mr H spotted a project he liked the look of, I'm looking forward to seeing what it is when you make a start.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love my American Floss Moms! I would never have the complete collection of DMC without you guys :-)

The Just Nan is a lovely little design. I enjoy her smalls just as much as the larger designs.