Sunday, June 1, 2014

I went to a party and never left home!

Chooky is having a birthday p[arty at The Chookshed and I joined in. Yes, she invited all to have their own stitch party even if alone. Me Myself and I joined in around midnight Arizona USA time and look what I made....
my own mug rug. It measures approximately 9 1/2 by 6 1/2 and it didn't turn out too bad, considering I am not a quilter. With some practice, I do believe I could make another and make it more accurate. I had the fabric in my stash and I do love the combination. The rose to the left side is appliqued.  This will be sitting on my craft table..... or maybe by my craft chair in the living room.... where ever I find it, I will be resting my tea or iced drink. Be sure to stop by Chooky's place to see what others are doing. She will be having several gals over to sew and lunch and I do believe I saw some wine in her refrigerator.... since I stitched at midnight, I thought it best not to drink anything more than my tea...who knows what would happen if I did. Especially not knowing what I was really doing in the first place.
We are having another hot day today...maybe around 107... Excessive Heat Watch Warnings! Yesterday was 108 and tomorrow 109...normal is 100 for this time of year. So, the air conditioner and ceiling fans on, sliders closed and limited time outdoors. I will be going out to Jo Ann's for our monthly Tatting Meet up with The Debra. I do think it will be a quiet day. Right now I need a tall glass of iced Gatorade and a cat nap. Glad you visited with me today.......hope you have a great day....

9 comments:

Josie said...

Love your mug rug! Your piecing looks great and as for the applique rose... impressive! You have one classy mat to rest your drinks on... alcoholic or otherwise. Hope it's iced tea today to keep you cool. Haven't a clue what Gatorade tastes like but I do like Root Beer.
Stay safe from the heat....

EvalinaMaria said...

It looks beautiful!

cucki said...

Wow it looks beautiful..
Hugs x

shirley flavell said...

Love your mug rug, it looks really great. I must make one of those one day, I'm always looking for a coaster or "mat" to put a cup or glass on.We are rugging up in warm clothes now, heating on. If we get a frost, which we have most days the last few days we usually have lovely clear sky and sun shining.Some days can be thick fog, the frost doesn't melt and really miserable. I don't mind those days if they're not too often. I will stitch the day away.Don't think I could cope with those high temps of yours.It is a long weekend here in N.Z this weekend. Queens birthday.Shirley

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely mug rug.....thanks for joining in the party celebrations........stay cool my friend.....

Annette-California said...

Grace I LOVE your Rose mug rug! I thought I was the only up late at night due to the heat:) We are not having your very hot temps though - ours ranges in the low 90's.
love Annette

Julie said...

A beautiful mug rug, such a pretty design and lovely colours.

Enjoy your time with Debra.

Vickie said...

So pretty! Hot and humid here!

KimM said...

What a gorgeous mug rug!! Love the design - the colors are so sweet.
xxx