Monday, June 2, 2014

Found and arrived

Sometimes you really need to look into a file, or a box and you will find some interesting things. The date on the printed pattern is 1999 and at that time I bought and stitched so it is very likely that this was bought then but for what ever the reason it was not finished. So...
presenting Glorious Clematis Welcome. The company is Sylcrafts from Taunton MA. I gathered the DMC threads and will get this oldie finished. I never know what I will find when I start moving about the craft closet. Mr H calls it the warehouse. I did find a couple of other projects that I will take a better look at later.
Finally my quilt for Natalia arrived and although I am pretty sure Elyssa does not read my blog, I wanted to wait to show you...
I do hope the mom and dad like it.There is a special reason for the special embroidered blocks. I included a card written to Natalia so that someday she will know about it.
There are the moccasins which are for when she has an easy walk through life ----- the cowboy boot for when she will need to be strong on her walk-----the tepee for a good home with love---- the horseshoe with hearts for luck and love--- and there is a block with 3 stitched hearts for hugs from uncle Dennis , aunti grace and Natalia to share. Last is the 2 Indians...named Uncle Dennis and Aunti Grace so that she will know we will always be here/there for her. I chose the bright green print which has the roadrunner, our state bird, and lizards which roam everywhere.The backing is shades of pink with stars all over for dreaming. Every stitch has a meaning for me and all stitched with love.
Well my friends, that is about it for today...so happy to share some time with you. Thank you for being a friend. Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Really, really awesome Gracie!

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful xxx

jocondine said...

Beautiful work, Love specially indians aunti and uncle ! xxx

CalamityJr said...

What beautiful meanings in the designs and so much love in every stitch! I'm sure this will be a cherished quilt.

Julie said...

Such wonderful thought you have put into this special quilt, it truly is beautiful.