Saturday, June 7, 2014

Thank you Cucki

The weather has been hot and I have been stitching on Clematis....I will update with a picture soon. I am enjoying this and have no idea why I never finished it  before.  I do know that I have a few others that really should be finished and I do know that I have plans to start a dew more...oh dear, it is just a dizzy circle! One of the ones to start I needed light blue linen. I decided to experiment and dye some samples. Don't you love dying fabrics and trims? I use almost anything from Rit to fruit and of course tea and coffee.....coffee, still not in my diet and I do miss it. Anyway where was I? oh yes the light blue fabric. So I started the process...
starting with 28 count white evenweave, this is what happened. I started with 1/2 cap full of Royal Blue and first 2 cups hot water, then 3 and finally 4 cups hot water. The top row are all dipped in and then rinse for a few minutes in plain water. The bottom row is washed with soap.  The sample all by itself is 1/2 cap full and 1 cup water and just rinsed. Now to select and try to duplicate. Love doing this!
My Round Robin #2 piece arrived from Cucki
So pretty and a lovely postcard too. Love getting postcards from different states and countries. I will be thinking of a way to use this. I just joined a SAL, my first one. I am Just waiting for the kit to arrive. The others have started so I will play catch-up. It is not a large project so I should be able to follow along. So any of you do Punch Needle? I have wanted to try it for some time. I love  seeing what others create but now I have a push to try it. Charl, from the Prim Society Group is sending me the tools to do so. Very kind and generous.  I know what you are saying, why something else? I can not help myself! When I am sitting in the Angels Craft Garden someday, I want to be able to join in on all that everyone else is doing! Dear friends, it is time to go out to open the umbrellas, and water my assigned plant! (more about this later) and of course have another cup of tea. I will be working today so my stitching is not a happening thing nor is the fabric dyeing. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Hope your day is wonderful.

7 comments:

cucki said...

Aww I am so glad that you liked my surprise stitches for you :)
I love your dye pieces so much..they looking lovely..
Love for you x

KimM said...

What a lovely Round Robin! Have fun with your SAL.
hugs
xxx

Vickie said...

ooOoo! I like Cucki's gifts to you. :) Why must you STILL avoid coffee Gracie?

Cardygirl said...

Love the dyed linen. Great gifts. You will enjoy punch needle....have fun.

shirley flavell said...

The dyed linen is looking great, have only tried tea dyeing. Love the stitched piece from Cucki. It is so nice to receive a gift from another country, especially stitching.Have a great weekend Shirley N.Z.

Julie said...

Your dyed fabric looks pretty.
Delightful stitched design from Cucki.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You're very scientific with your dyeing, the blues look lovely all together.
Cucki is so sweet to you too.

I have never tried punchneedle, we don't have it in the UK, at least I've never ever heard of it here.