Sunday, April 6, 2014

A lovely day

The sun is shining and the temperature for today is expected to be around the 80's... nice. Yesterday we held a social event in one of the courtyards.... most of the homeowners attended and we had a great time. Hot dogs, hamburgers and many side dishes and lots of nice chatter. The weather was perfect, not too warm and the shade just enough. For those who did not attend, they missed a good afternoon. I did add Tequila to the fruit punch for a few of us! Today I am off to do some tatting and get my motif finally finished. I found some 18 count linen yesterday that is large enough for me to start another cross stitch project. I have been busy adding stitches to the Doll and tomorrow I will be going to the quilt shop for fabric to start a small quilt. My..... I sound ambitious! Actually, I am feeling quite content with all my projects and that is what is important. It really is not about how many or what as long as I am content with it all. Each of us plays at our own pace. !0 years ago this month, Mr H and I announce that we would be leaving Rhode Island and moving here to Arizona.... I plan on sharing those days with you here in a small synopsis starting Friday if you are interested in following along. In the meantime, I am so pleased we share time together and that we are friends....have a wonderful day whatever your plans may be.
A thought for today....
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."

5 comments:

Annette-California said...

I know what you mean by feeling content with your projects - I am too! Maybe its because it's Spring:)
love Annette

cucki said...

It's a beautiful sunny day here :)
Sending you hugs..
Enjoy your day x

Jacquie Morris said...

Its grey and raining in Southern England... so it was lovely to read about your sunshine :)

Looking forward to seeing your small quilt you do... curious as I have never made one and might well do?
Sending smiles for your day.. and I love your quote at the end :)

Josie said...

It's raining, cold and foggy here in Scotland. What I'd have given to be sunning myself at your gathering yesterday... with a glass of your 'laced' punch perhaps :o)
Loving your end quote too....

sally said...

Hello Gracie

I'm glad your social went well yesterday. Here it has rained all day.
Your projects sound lovely.
I look forward to hearing about your move.
Have a good week and bye for now.