Friday, April 11, 2014

Darn that Esther

It is not an easy day at work after 5 days off....but I made it through the afternoon. My drive home was not too bad either but the temperature was reading 98 and the air conditioner running on high. Mr H wsn't feeling too well when I left for work earlier and was still not feeling well when I returned. He statred a new medication that we think know is not going to agree with him. I am sure today will be a better day for him since he did stop the medication. Before leaving work my MOD---Manager On Duty--- brought a pleasant surprise to me. When a customer is happy with service, they can report it to the MOD and then write a short note and we get a copy of the note and a pin, The Cut Above Award.
Yes, 6 comments! The best one is the one where the customer, not remembering my name, describes me as "the lady with grey hair and an accent".... yup me. I am always being asked "where are you from, you have an accent". So of course the MOD knew it was me! Now I will be known as the grey haired lady with the accent. Eartlier Esther, you know who she is, my book enabler, brought me another of those must have books....
What a beautiful book. I now want to learn this special needlework...I will have to find time...that elusive time. The piece of trim is another of those must have items.... good price on both.
I just may have to set the time to learn all the new things. If truth be known, I sometimes do not use my time wisely.... I let it slip and scatter around me.

Arizona Bound
April 11, 2004
Easter dinner with family was nice. Table being cleared and desserts appearing. Now is the time. Dennis and I have to tell you all something.We are selling the house and moving to Arizona when Dennis retires in June. Whew, that is done. Comments began to fly around, some disbelief a curious looks and much surprise. Questions came next and some we had answers to, others we did not. Once we were back home...home for only a short time. Once again the notes were updated and I could cross off.....Tell the family. Next ups is to book the last "vacation" to Arizona. Time to secure an apartment and then ..... then what? Good thing I have my notes. 
The temps for today are predicted to be around 93.... will this summer be a repeat of last? Too hot too soon for too long? Goodbye to open doors----hello air conditioner and elec$$$tric bill$$. I am happy you stopped by today. See you tomorrow....have a nice day.
“How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” Dr Suess

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Good for you Gracie. Six pins!
Your adventure is interesting.

butterfly said...

Well done gracie ,hope you are both feeling better.

cucki said...

Well done dear
Big hugs x

Annette-California said...

Congratulations Gracie! Wow 6 pins! love Annette

Lelia said...

Six pins! and notes! What a tribute ; ) Hope DH improved. Stumpwork can be interesting - or fiddly. Once you figure it out, it can be a nice thing to know - adds a lot to needlework projects

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely idea for work. So tell me, what accent do you have that is so remarked upon?

I have never tried stumpwork but I am sure you will master it in no time!

Julie said...

Congrats on the award.
Stumpwork is something I have never tried, it looks so intricate, but so lovely.