Sunday, March 30, 2014

I need a relaxing day

Remember last week or so I mentioned beads.....
They arrived from Red Panda Beads.... the pattern is another Deb Roberti called Stackers.  The same beads are used in all 3 bracelets only in different patterns. I am always amazed at how designers get it all right. These were quick to make. Darn that Betsy for sending tempting emails! She always writes a personal note on the shipping invoice and I love the little freebie beads she send... 2 more crystal hearts this time.
Mr H and I went to Butterfly World in Scottsdale yesterday...fun with butterflies.
 We began the visit with a 3D movie called "Flight of the Butterflies"...wonderful experience. A stop to see the Butterfly Emergence Gallery....I did skip the ant and bee exhibit...then into the conservatory.... I was amazed at how many children were afraid of the butterflies! The humidity was high  and mist was everywhere and lots of fluttering of color. Some landed here and there, and a few took a ride on Mr H....
It was a fun few hours. Afterwards we stopped at The Cheesecake Factory for bites.... Firecracker Shrimp, Pita Pizza and Calamari...we took cheesecake home for later. One of my favorites place to eat.
Oh, and Lelia, Stitches of Life will be receiving the Needle Lace book from my drawing. I am sure she will figure out how to twist thread and needle together to make flowers. No plans for today...I know I say that often... but I should say, hope Mr H does not have plans today so I can relax and maybe stitch for awhile. I am off most of the week.... hope you will have some relaxing time today.... glad you stopped by. I thank you for your kind words and friendship....

8 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful..
Enjoy and relax.
Happy Sunday hugs x

blue star stitcher said...

We have yet to make it out to the butterfly exhibit, what great pictures though. Looks like such a fun weekend day!

Lelia said...

I look forward to twisting thread and making flowers ; )

I enjoy butterfly exhibits. I've only been to a couple - tho, quite fun.

Finally, a day with sunshine around here - and not a flake of snow in sight.

Stitch well today

Simply Victoria said...

Lovely beading work. Those butterflies are spectacular!

Fiore said...

Hi, dearie. Hope you really spent a relaxing Sunday. I have the same problem with my husband: we have always something to do!
xoxo
Fiore

Heather said...

Love the bead work, so beautiful and the butterflies are just gorgeous. Wish I could go and visit myself.

Annette-California said...

Your bracelets are Beautiful Gracie!
Lovely butterflies and what a wonderful day you and Mr. H had.
love Annette

Gillian Salmons said...

Wow, that was quick work on making up those bead bracelets