Monday, March 31, 2014

Rosie the bear

Yesterday was my niece Elyssa's baby shower. Natalia Rose is expected to arrive May 9th. I missed being there to see all the lovely gifts and family and friends. I did send a gift, part one  ......
I found the old fashion rose fabric at Jo Ann's and thought of this bear immediately. I did lots of fussy cutting to get the cabbage style roses where I wanted them and it was worth it. A bit of lace and velvet ribbon around her neck was just the right color. I bought the silk rosettes and added them to a bit of lace for an ear ornament. The pads of her feet, paws and ears are silky with a row of machine embroidery. The main gift will have to wait until the baby arrives so that I can add the date. I do hope Elyssa liked Rosie bear that I truly made with love. This bear was also the cause for those cactus barbs that stuck to my butt!.... it was worth it.
Yesterday was a real day of relaxing around the house and I did get to stitch on Alphabet Doll. Mr H and I  watched a Charlie Chan marathon and had my homemade chicken soup. Never left the house! Today, however, I do have to get out to do a few errands. It should not take too long....famous words... probably will lead to an all day outing. I would really like to add more xx's to the Doll. Right now I need a cup of coffee...how about you? Thank you for visiting with me and thank you for the kind words which always brighten my day. I treasure your friendship....have a wonderful day.

15 comments:

Vickie said...

What a LOVEly gift you have made. Just excellent!

cucki said...

Aww it's so cute...so beautiful ..
Big hugs x

Annette-California said...

The prettiest bear I've ever seen. You did a beautiful job. Love the rose fabric. love Annette

jacquie morris said...

Rosie Bear is adorable and no doubt will be treasured. Rosie is so pretty ans stitched with a lot of love.
Sending smiles and sunshine hoping you have a lovely week ahead :)

stitchersanon said...

I'm not a fan of stuffed toys but WOW! Your bear is just beautiful and I do believe I am smitten! What an amazing gift xx

Bev said...

Wow your gift is amazing I just love it!!! x

Lee said...

Rosie bear looks just like her name, I am sure she will be treasured for years to come

Heather said...

What a cute bear Gracie. I have that print as well! What a coincidence! LOL!

Simply Victoria said...

A darling bear!

Andrea said...

A gorgeous bear. I'm sure she will treasure it when she arrives in to this world.

Ele said...

It's really gorgeous!

geeky Heather said...

Oh, Rosie Bear is so sweet!! What a beautiful bear. I still treasure the doll my older sister (by 17 years!) made me.

Lelia said...

A charming bear!!! Job well done. Looking forward to doll pictures, soon as you are feeling better.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

She really is a lovely bear and well worth a few prickles!

The time you took to place the pattern really was well spent too.

Chris said...

Hi Gracie, I used to have a bear just like that. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/