Saturday, November 23, 2013

Beauty on a gloomy day

My goodness, we go without rain for days and days then we get bombed with several days of rain. Not complaining because we sure do need it. Last night while watching a movie, poof----- the lights went out. Out they remained for several hours. I just went off to sleep. At this very moment the sun is shining and it is quite cool. How long this will last is anyone's guess as the prediction is for more rain.I have the day off, unexpectedly but appreciated knowing that next week will be a doozy. Just finished the beginning of another tatted ornament. I will wash and starch it before adding the beads. Thinking about getting the Christmas boxes down from the garage cupboards, well, maybe tomorrow when Mr H is still asleep. I would much rather do it alone. Sometimes he really is of no help. Like so many of you, most of my stitching (when I am doing it!) is for gifts, so I have no pictures to share. Sooooooo, how about this
What a beautiful hummingbird this one is. He stayed around for such a long time this morning. Glowing in the light a vibrant magenta pink color.
Now, here he is facing away....lovely chartreuse green backside. Sorry it is not as closeup as the other, but I did not want to spook him. After a bit, they do get tired of me standing there.
With this unexpected day off, I will get to the market and definitely spend time stitching. Monday is our Sun Stitcher's monthly meeting and our first ornament exchange. Glad you had some time to spend with me.....thank you for the kind words and emails. Have a wonderful day.

Reminder: Reindeer Food and give away and the elves names.

5 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Gracie! I wanted to thank you for helping me with my penny rug! You were very sweet to leave the comment:) Enjoy your day off! Twyla

Heather said...

Love the little bird, so cute! Rain is good and we are finally having some here too.

Vickie said...

ooOoo! That is a gorgeous variety of hummingbird.

Brigitte said...

I always love to see picftures of birds, particularly birds that don't exist here. Very lovely.
I hope you enjoyed your day off yesterday. You have to strengthen your nerves for the day after Thanksgiving, lol.

cucki said...

Love the sweet bird...very cute...
Enjoy the day..
Big hugs c