Monday, November 11, 2013

Any day with Mr H is a good day

Our outing on Saturday was to drive down to Tuscon and spend the night but we did not make it. Mr H began to feel ill so we turned back. But that is okay. I enjoyed our day together anyway.
I started to wrap some Christmas packages that will be mailed here and there, got the boxes ready with labels and on a few boxes the custom form is filled out. Yesterday I changed the drapes in the living room , baked my Fresh Apple Cake and then spent the afternoon with The Debra....we tatted and chatted....
Today Mr H and I will be going to a doctor appointment...I know many places are celebrating Veteran's Day, but they are open. I went on line to get the office forms...5 pages! so I could update his record. The last visit was for his surgery in 2011. The appointment is early so that means a good afternoon of stitching and some tatting. I am on the search for purple seed beads. Can not find any! I think I will check on line with Fire Mountain Gems. They seem to have everything. While I am on line, I will also check with Fusion Beads....
I expect some of you will celebrate today at a parade, or maybe even a cookout....whatever your plans remember to thank a veteran for their service. As always, I am glad you had some time to visit with me. Thank you for your kind words and friendship....have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes Gracie. I really notice it makes a difference to take the time and thank that vet. It really makes a difference to them!

Simply Victoria said...

Sweet title of your post, Gracie. Is your husband a vet?

Annette-California said...

Love your post. I did BBQ today:)
love Annette

Julie said...

I hope all went well for hubby at the dr appointment.
I listened to our service from the cenotaph on the local radio station.