Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Not a stitch post today....

I say not a stitch post today so that if that is what you are looking for, then it is okay to skip your visit with me. Today is just a vent day for me. First I want to thank those who sent kind words for Mr H and his doctor appointment. It turned out to be a very unproductive morning. I guess I should back up a little to explain. For a few years, my Dennis did not feel well. There was some tests all revealing nothing wrong. But he was still having difficulty swallowing and pain in his stomach. Then finally one day in 2011 the tests did show a problem. So in for surgery he went. The surgery itself went well, but then a complication and problems unrelated to the surgery. So, more surgery...in total he had 4 surgeries from September to December. A repeat visit to the first surgeon in 2012 because Dennis did not feel "right" but the surgeon said it was nothing related to what he had done and dismissed we were. Problems have returned and once again we were dismissed but by the surgeon's "associate", a nurse, ...the doctor did not even give us the courtesy of speaking directly to us. Mr H walked out but I stayed behind long enough to voice my opinion. Loud enough so the doctor could hear and in the presence of other waiting patients. So, we will not return to him if there is a need for more surgery. If you stayed this long reading, thank you. I have said before, that I write this blog for me and anyone who wants to visit. I just had to vent.... and not to Mr H. It is not that we want to find something, but when the same symptoms occur, it seems that we should investigate rather than to wait as long as he did before. I am fortunate to have this man in my life. He never complains, I have to ask or tell him I know when he is not feeling well. These are the retirement years we are trying to enjoy. Now hear me and understand----- I am not looking for sympathy, or poor them, I just needed to yell a bit today. There is no woe is me here at the Horton House....just two people who love one another and support each other all the way....side by side. We will get through this....
I did manage to start not one tat pattern Monday afternoon, but 2!....guess my mind was not as clear as I thought! A bright note was later yesterday, a neighbor came to see our backyard plants. They wanted some advice and Mr H was on hand to offer his opinion. They loved our garden and told him so. Made my evening to see that wonderful smile across Mr H's face. Yeah, after 43 years I am still smitten with this guy...guess I will not be trading him in!
Off to work today.... whatever your plans, have a great day. Thank you for your friendship and caring words....

9 comments:

butterfly said...

What nice words from you about your DH I am sorry about the doctor.AMaybe book in with another one.
Sending some hugs your way .

Silverlotus said...

Sometimes doctors make me so annoyed. They may see many people every day, but I think they forget that we live intimate with our bodies and issues and we know best of all if something is wrong. I hope you find someone who will listen.

Your garden is lovely! Mr. H and you have done a fabulous job with it.

Lee said...

Thinking of you and understanding your frustration.
I have a quote on my fridge "Love is making the years count" Keep on Making the most of one another.

cucki said...

Thinking of you so much sweetie..
Much love and huge hugs x

Woman Seeking Center said...

Good for you Gracie, making it clear that your/your DH concerns were not addressed. Nothing can ever change (within the system) if no one makes a point of voicing displeasure. It's important - even if nothing changes in a given office - to let them know they did not provide what you needed. At least it can never be said that they were unaware of your concerns. And perhaps at some point changes will be implemented. For certain you know you have done all you could to effect change.

How right your are also to continue to seek the source of the your heart-songs' problem! It may not even be a dramatic issue (I hope!) but anything that makes one feel 'off' is tiring and detracts from the quality of life (for him not feeling well and for you worrying). So do press on seeking out the cause! Important if it's something significant and important if it's something minor too!

(And you vent anytime you need to girlfriend! That's what (we all) do - we 'listen' to each other thru the good AND the not-so-good posts.....

Keep us updated?

Hugs
Issy

Shelly said...

Awwww, what a nice story Gracie! Hope your hubby is feeling somewhat better. Nice garden, especially with the buffalo skull; gives it that southwest look!

Fiore said...

It's the same everywhere, I see. Some kinds of works are like missions: the right person for the right work! Unfortunately it seldom happens today. I'm sorry for Mr H's health and sorry because my different language can't give words for my feelings. My heart is with you, dearie.

Vickie said...

I am a VERY emotional person Gracie. I happen to be in hyper-sensitive mode today. Your post and words about Dennis made me choke up. May God richly bless you both with many more years together. ♥

Julie said...

{{big hug}} to you Gracie