Thursday, November 14, 2013

Heading West

All I said was I would like to just ride to those mountains.... honest, that is what I said. Mr H said okay. We headed West and kept driving for 30 miles or more....there was pretty much nothing for a lot of the ride...
At first there were others on the road...then only a few then it seemed like we were the only people on earth. There were plenty of those Watch for Animal signs but we did not see any. Soon, Mr H decided before we went any farther we should turn back today but this was definitely a ride for another day....one we would prepare for. But I am mesmerized by riding to the mountains....they are always in sight when we are out...This is the group of The White Tank Mountain range that I always show you in my sunset pictures. Driving beyond them eventually would take us to the California line.....that will be another day. On our return back, we saw a church. A plain looking building but oh my....
once inside, it was anything but plain. The church was larger than we expected and so beautiful. From the smooth floor to the alter, the lighting was just perfect. Now I do not want you to think we went to pray....we are not religious church goers, but we appreciate the peacefulness and beauty of a church. There were no pews here, just upholstered chairs. The few windows were high and let subtle light in as you can see on the side alter. The ceiling is a soft medium blue...like the sky...The massive crucifix hung catching rays of light... a few moments of quiet and peaceful thoughts.
Earlier in the day...8 AM to be precise, I walked over to stitch and chat with Sweet Jeanne. Always a great way to start my Wednesday mornings. We really did more chatting than stitching..... she was putting the finishing elements to her ornament and I will finish it off for her. She did a marvelous job, especially since this is only her second project. I can not show pictures to you because it is for our group swap and some of the ladies visit my blog. She is actually working on another ornament.
I have thanked you all many times for your caring and kind words, and once again, you were there to listen. It means so much to know that although we are all so far apart that we are really closer than we think. I send you all a hug. Off to work today although I would rather be back on the road "Heading West".....have a good day.

5 comments:

cucki said...

Wow beautiful photos ..
I love them all..
Sending you big hugs x

ginnyt said...

What a nice trip!!! The church is beautiful.

Annette-California said...

What a wonderful trip. Love all the beautiful photos. Hope work went well. I had fun shopping at Joann's yesterday in Concord and was thinking of you:)
love Annette

Mouse said...

lovely view of the mountains and I hope you get nearer to them soon ... and its always nice to visit a lovely church as I know exactly what you mean about the peace and quiet for reflections :) love mouse xxxxxx

butterfly said...

What a wonderful day you had . Sometimes it is good to get away , love the church, hugs.