Friday, August 2, 2013

Such dedication!

What a day yesterday..... I was so tired and the thought of work did not help. As usual I got myself ready and then off to work. Mr H always walks me into the garage to send me off. He did look a bit curious. But I just waved and drove off. Arrived at work and got myself settled..... headset, apron and such, clocked in and reported to the cut counter (fabric department) and did not see my name on the daily schedule.... what! So, back to the office and checked the master schedule. I wrote down the wrong day! I was off Thursday but on Friday! Turned in the headset, clocked out and back home. 13 minutes I was at work... I was content to think I could rest and if necessary cat nap.  Well now, didn't I have to hear Mr H...." I thought you were suppose to be off" I did not know why you were going to work when you said you were on Friday and Saturday". Then he announced to no one in particular as we two were the only ones in the house...." My wife, so dedicated to her job, she even goes to work when she is off the schedule". Now I tell you, he was heading for trouble if he kept that up!. Well, I did relax, no nap but I did stitch some on The Witch......
I really must stitch in her eyes... she looks scary this way. Yes, I know... it really is not much farther than when I was with Sweet Jeanne.
The Debra called and we plan to meet on Sunday afternoon for some tat and chat time. I will be learning split rings next... mind you, I still can not manage to get the right count of rings on the ring for the beginning of the project! Poor Debra, she has to figure what I am doing wrong. The technique is correct (I think) but it is not correct. I am sure she will get me on the right path.  In the meantime, I will work on The Witch and off to work today and tomorrow. This time I am suppose to go.....Thanks for visiting with me, thanks for the kind words, and do have a good day. Hopefully you will all be where it is you should be today!

7 comments:

cucki said...

I love the witch face :)
Sending you hugs x

meggie said...

Hello Gracie

Your post made me smile!
The witch is looking good.

RuthB said...

:) Such a dedicated go-getter! Congrats on the suddenly-discovered day off :)

Ele said...

you made me smile, sort of thing I could have done!!
lovely stitching so far :)

Brigitte said...

Must have been a great feeling to discover that you could head home again, lol. And relax and stitch ...

Anthea said...

Oh Gracie - I have done that too - Well at least you could get yourself home quickly!! x

Julie said...

Oh Gracie, I m sorry but I did giggle at you being at work on your day off, poor you.