Thursday, August 1, 2013

Oh so tired....

I am so tired this morning. I feel as if I never went to sleep last night... and yes, I did wake very early, only getting a couple of hours sleep, and I did doze off again for about an hour. Probably got 4 hours of broken sleep. Now, this is not so unusual for me, but I think this very cloudy day has something to do with it. But, all I know is, if I did not have work today, I would put my head on a pillow! Besides work until 5:15, I then have our monthly HOA meeting... not going to be my best day of the week.
Yesterday morning was a lovely time. The phone rang and Sweet Jeanne called to invite me over to stitch. We spent 2 hours chatting and stitching. I had a question about the design she is working on...it is from Milady's Needle and is Margaret W. Brown by Gloria Moore. Sweet Jeanne is making wonderful progress. I started one of The Witch Dolls.... already with some thoughts of making a few changes. Now Jeanne is starting to encourage me to do this or that!
Shortly after being back home, Mr H looked out the kitchen window into the backyard and called for me to quickly come and look... with the camera...
We usually spot this fella out front but I am sure this is not his first romp around the backyard. We just have not seen him. Sorry I could not get a better close-up of him...but if you can scroll to zoom in, you would see the most viscous claws on a lizard. It is hard to judge, but he looks to be almost a foot from nose to tail. I could not believe the nails on his hind feet! He just sat and stared at us.... I am not sure of the name. It could be The Desert Spiny Lizard ...not important as I do not plan to become friends with it. He can catch all the insects he wants. I will be more mindful from now on when I plan to venture into the backyard. Well, that is what I leave you with for today! I am going to curl up on the sofa and relax... actually do have time to rest as I don't leave for work until 11:30.... Aren't you glad you stopped by to meet my lizard? Have a good day!

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes, I actually am glad I stopped by to see him and you. I am also glad he doesn't live here in Wisconsin with me. ;) Go get some rest now! ♥

thegreytail said...

oh I'm so happy you introduced us to The Lizard!
I know somebody else who might be interested in meeting her.. not sure who would win that battle though, look at those claws!

can't wait to see your stitching on the witch - make all the changes you want, they turn out so good!
hope you get some rest, I have troubles sleeping too and it's such a bummer..
happy xxx,
chiara

cucki said...

aww we have alot here in south africa..
and they love to play in the yard :)
maloo loves them too and play with them..
sending you hugs x

Heather said...

Love the lizard, he could live in my yard anytime.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Thanks for checking the name of the design Grace, I'm going to check it out. Wow, I wouldn't like to find a lizard in my back garden, I think Brandy our poodle might have something to say.

Simply Victoria said...

Hope you had enough energy for your long day!

Annette-California said...

I'm very thankful he's your visitor:) hugs to you Grace and get some rest.
love Annette

Julie said...

Not too keen on your new friend lol