Sunday, July 28, 2013

Calgon take me away.....

Do you ever feel like that Calgon commercial? Of course you do.... I guess we all have those moments. Oh don't get me wrong, I am not feeling sorry for myself, or need that extra hug, although I would never refuse one!. Today I am thinking about a few things that I have no control over... or at least can not control. Distance itself is sometimes an issue. I will get over it. I am having a problem --- again---- with one of my tatting motifs. It will have to wait until Debra can advise me. I have started another for my tree. It does not seem difficult. Remember that I said I have started as meaning just now, a few minutes ago. So time will tell.  But I did finish the stitching for my Thimble Purse
I really enjoyed this one. It  is one thread over two of 40 count some linen from the linen box. I did use all the listed threads. I thought I would find a piece of fabric in the stash... but no. So Tuesday I will pick something up...I am thinking a tiny floral print. The colors are so nice. It was a quick stitch for one that was one over two that is. Maybe I will make the others in the collection.
No plans for today... just to relax. I really should be sitting at the sewing machine... but I think I will tat instead. I can't believe it is almost August. My goal for August is to try to work on completing projects. I don't mean on ones for stitching the design, I mean the projects that need final completing. I have a few that are destined to become pillows...and a few that need something else. Of course it doe not mean I will not start something... and I must also take out a few of the projects I have started and ignored. Guess I will be in the closet Monday morning! The sun is hot and bright but our temps are cooler! if you can call 98 cooler. You have been kind with your comments and email...thank you.Happy you stopped by today... hope you have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Lovely work on your thimble purse. I know what you mean about the unfinished projects. I had planned to finish a few myself but have yet to get out the box...maybe tomorrow!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

These are neat little designs. Finishing is what I do least of - I'm not good at it so I put it off till I have no choice. Can I ask which design the lovely lady in your last post is stitching, it's so bonnie.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I so understand about the unfinished projects. Am thinking about setting a goal for myself to tackle one unfinished project a month.

thegreytail said...

lovely stitching Gracie, I'm sorry you're a little bugged by the new tatting but I'm sure you'll get through it.
we're melting here as well. +40°C temps during the day and super hot nights. geez even thinking in this state is a pain.
lots of extra hugs and xxx,
chiara

cucki said...

beautiful stitching..i love it <3
i am slo thinking to finish my some ufo..
sending you love x

Vickie said...

I really like the thimble purse stitching Gracie. =)

Julie said...

There is always something lovely to see when I come visit with you Gracie, this little thimble design is no exception - pretty and cute.