Monday, August 5, 2013

A dragonfly that will not fly away

Well, I was very happy to finally have Sunday appear. Friday and Saturday were 2 busy days at work. I think I finally have caught  up on my rest.... just in time too. Yesterday The Debra and I spent a couple of hours tatting and chatting. Good time and I learned to do the  split ring. Just in time too so that I could make the first of many to come
I did make a few changes to the original pattern....I attached the eye beads differently so they sat encased in the thread loop and instead of 2 beads on the wings, I did 3. I liked they way they looked better. The body of the dragonfly is the split ring part. As you can see, he is only 2 inches long. I am still learning how to join the last ring to the final picot...but this was not too bad. Practice makes perfect. I can see this added to a card or on a headband or barrette. Right now I just want to make them for the practice.
I managed to get more stitching on The Witch...her shall is complete....have to take an update picture.  Mr H discovered that The Lizard is living in our backyard. We think over by the pond.  Makes sense there because of the  rocks surrounding the little pond. I am hoping that he does not decide to live in our lanai...definitely do not want to find him there when I go to relax. Second laundry on, first in the dryer and next one ready to go. It is a cloudy day, but still quite warm. I seem to want need to do some craft closet cleaning. But, do I want to do it  today? Still have to go to the Post Office, CVS and the bank....but I think I will sit with a cup of tea and stitch The Witch. Poor Chiara, she stopped by to visit the other day and ended up spending money! She loved the Witch and decided to order not only the Witch Trio, but the Alphabet Dolls..... I am happy that you decided to visit today. I love you kind words and emails.... your encouragement is wonderful. Have a great day.

13 comments:

Lelia said...

lovely tatting. Dragonfly patterns are fun to do. Enjoy the day

meggie said...

Hello Gracie

Your dragonfly is beautiful, so very delicate.
I too hope the lizard stays by the pond!
Hope you have a good week (:

Annette-California said...

Oh HOW DARLING & creative! Beautiful dragonfly you made. And with the beads makes it soo sweet:) Enjoy your day - hopefully its not too hot where you are. love Annette

butterfly said...

Lovely tatting, hope you have a restfull week, hugs.

Julie said...

Spectacular tatting, so very pretty.

Angela P said...

The Dragonfly is lovely, tatting looks extremely difficult but beautiful.

Hoping your week is less busy :)

Heather said...

That dragonfly is gorgeous. Well done!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Very delicate work, so bonnie. I wouldn't want to find the lizard in my garden either.

Parsley said...

Very nice. Looks difficult!

Resent your email...

ginnyt said...

love your tatting, wish I had a teacher like yours; I do like your lizard; I think he's just chillin'

Silverlotus said...

The dragonfly is so lovely. Great job.

And I love hearing about the wildlife in your yard. All we really have here is some birds. There was a mourning dove hanging around our balcony the other day. That's about it. lol!

Brigitte said...

It's looking great, this little dragonfly.

thegreytail said...

it really is my fault I get to my blog reader with my wallet at hand. yiu don't warn the "spendingmoneylikewater" award without constant exercise. 😉
but really, how could one resist such delightful projects?! thanks for sharing 😊
hugs and happy xxx,
chiara