Thursday, August 8, 2013

A schnozzola and something dainty

Well, just got the day off.... hmmmm, what shall I do? Maybe Mr H and I will go to a museum.  But first...I have been stitching
just look at that schnozzola! You do know about schnozzolas don't you...it is a large  and often misshapen nose. She may not be pretty, but she has my attention...The Witch now has a face and a blouse... well, almost a blouse. See the little button I added to hold the shawl closed? I added dark blue beads for her eyes. Just making my changes....
and tatting
Just finished this delicate motif. This is why I learned to do split rings.... it is so pretty.... I have to make another one or two... maybe someone would like one for their Christmas tree?  and as I was still practicing my split rings, these flew in.... more dragonflies... soon I will need to find homes for them! I think some butterflies are on the schedule soon.  I have needle tatted them, but now it is time to shuttle them.
This morning Madame Muriel is on her way back home to Washington DC. She should arrive by Saturday and she is bringing a little southwest to Cheryl. Taht about does the news from here. So happy you found some time to share with me. Thank you for the kind words and emails.... have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

Blu said...

Those dragonflies are so cute!

Heather said...

Gotta love that schnozzola! Gorgeous dragonflies!

Silverlotus said...

My goodness, that sure is some nose!

The snowflake/flower and dragonflies are so lovely. Great work!

Cardygirl said...

The witch is great! Your tatting is amazing!

Annette-California said...

Wow Grace, your tatted motif is Gorgeous! Looks so delicate and elegant. Your dragonflies are soooooo Pretty! Congrats on your finishes. The witch looks like you will get her done in time for Fall:)
love Annette

meggie said...

Hello Gracie

Your tatting is looking beautiful.
The witch is coming along nicely.
Happy weekend (:

butterfly said...

Love the witch.hugs

RuthB said...

Well, haven't you been Little Miss Productive. Could you have a talk with my needles and tell them how to be speedy like yours?

Simply Victoria said...

You are funny with your schnozzola. Tatting looks lovely as always.

thegreytail said...

schnozzola! 😂
she's a dear one, great progress!
love the changes and beady eyes. the dragonflies are so delicate and precious. you're mastering so much at tatting, keep it in mind! 😊
hugs and happy everything,
chiara

Julie said...

Spectacular dragonflies, so delicate.