Saturday, July 6, 2013

...time keeps on slipping into the future.....

Can you believe that the first week of July is over? Where are these days going I ask you...time just seems to be passing so quickly. This morning I looked out to see this fellow....
he was running away from the front porch area. He is really kind of cute.... all spotted and from tip of nose to tip of tail about 10 to 12 inches. Moving on....I have been working on The Doll and all her stitches and beads are complete. Next to find the right fabric for her body. I just may have the right floral in my stash. I have also started another tatted snowflake
I have just finished point 2 of 7.
  A bit of a challenge for me this one. This is my second start and so far it is working. I am finding that the written patterns do not give me all the direction I need so I am following the written as well as the picture. I lay out the directions on an index card so it is line by line. Debra has taught me well. I will also be starting a bracelet for my cousin Janice. I need to keep busy, can you tell.
Thank you all for the sweet comments on Thursdays post. I have been very fortunate to have wonderful childhood memories. I sit sometimes and just think of times gone by. It helps when the present times are a bit off, and we all do have those days.
I will leave you with another bouquet of Gladiolas...
Lavender and reds.... they add such beauty  to my dining area.Still looking for a new adventure for Madame Muriel......please email me if interested. You know, she has been to so many places, I am not exactly sure where the adventures began. If anyone knows, please tell me.
Another hot day here... it has been a little cloudy this morning. The garden is watered and the laundry done so I can just continue to tat. Have my large glass of iced water close at hand. So glad you had the time to drop by. I so enjoy your kind words and email.  Hope you have a marvelous day and weekend.

13 comments:

cucki said...

Aww such pretty flowers...
Enjoy your tatting projects :)
Hugs x

meggie said...

Lovely tatting!
Gorgeous flowers.

Heather said...

Love your lizard, but then I'm partial to lizards! Your flowers are gorgeous.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Beautiful flowers, they take me back to my childhood as we had them in the garden at home.

Minnie said...

The tatting is looking awesome, please try to stay out of that heat out there. My sister tells me how hot is in AZ, that's crazy.

Shelly said...

That is certainly a fat lizard! Your tatting is looking great. I know what you mean about time going by, going too fast!

Ele said...

Lovely tatting!
Have a relaxing weekend

Brigitte said...

You are so right about time just slipping away. I often wonder myself where it's gone. But the most important thing is that we filled it with things we love doing.
Your tatting looks gorgeous!

Margaret said...

Madam Muriel's travels are documented here http://stitchbitch.blogspot.co.nz/p/travels-of-muriel-flat-flossie-st-clair.html on Anna's blog where she first started.

butterfly said...

Your Tatting is looking great, love the flowers .
How cute to have a lizard walking around.

Christine said...

What an impressive lizard!
The tatting looks gorgeous.
Did you grow those amazing gladdies?

Julie said...

Ewww not keen on your visitor!
Beautiful gladioli, they always look so elegant.

Shirlee said...

Lovely tatting, lovely flowers : )