Monday, July 8, 2013

Busy last week

Well the Doll is a stitched and waiting for a finish...
I will get to my fabric stash and look there before buying any.... I do believe I have something there.
I also tatted a bookmark for EvaP....my mom is not tech savvy and still reads form a book....so I think she will like this..

I added a few leaves and crystals to dangle from the book....knowing my mother she will not use this but rather save it. She thinks everything I make is wonderful! She likes doing the word search books so I thought I would tuck one in the package with this. Can you tell that I am enjoying the tatting? Well I am.
Snowflake number 5 is finished
This was challenging for me...again the directions confused me. I think I will need to type them out my way and of course using the picture is a big help. I think my goal of making 12 is doable at this point. I will try to start the next one this week as soon as I put the directions in my language. I do not know why it is hard for me to follow them as written in this books. After all, I follow knitting/crochet patterns as written as well as beading patterns! Whatever works.
And then there is cousin Janice....
She asked if I would make her a bracelet like my newest... the blue pearls and crystals ...hope she likes this combo of silvery pearls and black crystals. I thought it was a nice look. So as you can see, it has been a busy week past and I guess this next week will be no exception. I find it all relaxing and keeps my mind busy. I just do not sit still without my hands moving!
So many of you sent lovely thoughts with my post about Aunt Angie...thank you.I do not like the month of July for various reasons  but remembering her is nice. It makes me happy to have you visit and to read your kind thoughts and emails...welcome to a new member who has no blog so I can not personally welcome her. Have a great day....
HELP! would like to find out where Madame Muriel has visited in the past...would like to know where it all started. Please... email me or comment here if you have and information.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

You have such talent Gracie! Look at your wonderful works! Have a great day.

Angela P said...

Everything you do looks wonderful :)

Julie said...

A fabulous bookmark, I too prefer a paper book to reading on a techy gadget. You can't beat the crack as you open the spine of a brand new book, or the smell of the paper.....ooh I could go on lol.

P.s. mrs dolly looks super

cucki said...

aww she is so cute..i love her.
super sweet bookmark and all the work is so beautiful..everything is so pretty x

meggie said...

Everything is beautiful Gracie, you certainly have had a busy time.
I read the low tech way too (:

Margaret said...

Hello
I left a comment on your last post but will try again here. Madame Muriel started with Anna and has visited me in New Zealand too.
http://stitchbitch.blogspot.co.nz/p/travels-of-muriel-flat-flossie-st-clair.html

Annette-California said...

I love the bookmarker you tatted. Its beautiful Gracie. And your doll is soo pretty. love Annette

Silverlotus said...

She is so pretty!

And, as always, your tatting is fabulous!!

Brigitte said...

Oh great, such a wonderful collection of crafts that you show here. I love the little doll, she's just beautiful.