Tuesday, July 9, 2013

missing photos, the heat and a wobbly heart

What a surprise last night when I went back to check a particular post when the picutre was missing! Then I looked back at a few others and the same. What was wrong? Well, I use Photbucket for my uploads and recently decided to make new albums and move pictures around.... bad idea I guess because they went missing from the blog posts! So, I have been trying to reload them to the proper places...need a break from that at the moment.
We, Mr H and I have just been staying in and relaxing with all this heat., Some of his meds are not reacting well to the high temps this year. We know that it is the problem because we are here in Arizona 9 years this month! and the temps have been like this before and not so much of a problem. Lots of things have changed for him since all those surgeries in 2011. For the most part we are accepting and have adapted. Every once in awhile Mr H...   well anyway, we are adjusting to the changes. He is a trouper who never complains. We just deal with the off days the best we can. For him it is a bed rest time for an hour or so. And me, well, I never get bored. I stitch of course. We all have our aches and pains.....
Yesterday I picked up a book I plan to donate to our library sale room and a folded piece of paper fell out and this was between the fold...
a leaf.... a heart shaped leaf that I do not remember anything about! It is a wobbly heart....very fragile and delicate. It makes me think about how many times we fret about something, or shed tears for someone or something, difficult times maybe. But as I looked at it, and how dry it has become, I also think of how resilient we can be. We may wobble a bit now and again, but we do endure when we must. I decided it needs to be protected ....
so in this inexpensive frame it will stay. Protected from damage. If only we could put our hearts in protection.....
I hope that you will continue to visit with me.... listen when I need an ear and lend a shoulder when I need to rest and hugs when they are needed too. I hope that we can smile and laugh together and continue our friendship and share our accomplishments. I shall enjoy my visits at your place and hug when necessary, applaud your accomplishments and laugh and smile with you too. That is what friends do. I value all of you and appreciate your kindnesses. Have a wonderful day....

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Awww, Gracie. Hugs to you and Mr. H. I am always so glad when you come to visit me too. Some times are just like that aren't they? I like that you saved the heart leaf.

cucki said...

Aww sweet heart leaf...
Sending you lots of love and hugs x

Parsley said...

HUGS.

meggie said...

That heart is so fragile I'm glad you framed it.
I do like to visit you and hope you will keep visiting me too.
Hugs to you and Mr H.

Julie said...

A very lovely post. The heart is precious, I'm so pleased you found it, saved it and share it with me.
Much love and (hugs) to you both x

Annette-California said...

Hugs to you and for Mr. H. I love how you framed the beautiful heart leaf. I am always so grateful that I get to visit you here and for your visits too:) much love Annette

butterfly said...

Lovely post and words gacie, lots of hugs to you and
Mr H.

ginnyt said...

I'd love to have a friend like you; Hugs from far away!!!

Admin said...

I think you are awesome. Hugs.

Broderie Iasi

Anne said...

I am sending you hugs and prayers Gracie. I wish we could protect our hearts too like you protected that leaf.