Friday, July 12, 2013

A lovely afternoon

I am having a  s l o w  morning...you know, when the thoughts to do are there but the ambition is not. So, instead, I am relaxing and waiting for Perry Mason to come on TV. I am working today and sometimes not to do much on a day of work is a good idea. About yesterday..... I have a friend, Jeanne, who lives in the next courtyard. We also belong to the monthly group, Sun Stitchers. She is a wonderful quilter and is presently doing a nice cross stitch sampler. When she began it, she asked if I would help get her started.... no real need because she is doing just fine.
 A couple of time she requested I look in how she was doing..... no real need to check. Last week we decided to get together one day a week or so and stitch on our work. Finally yesterday I walked over to her place. I did not want her to walk over to me because of the heat/humidity after the rain... yes we finally had rain. The walk is not far. Out the gate of my courtyard around the corner and in her back gate..... blink and you are there. It is just that she is a "little" older than me and , well, next session is at my place. I must remember to take a picture of her sample and get the name. It is coming along nicely. I took my BBD piece  that I am doing for the September exchange. Speaking of the group.... if you were one of those who signed up but have not opted to participate by actually stitching and sending... let Lisa know so she reorganize the names. The rules are simple... and you do not have to participate in all rounds, but at least every other one is nice. Off my speech. Back to Jeanne. We probably did as much chatting as stitching.... you know how it is. One thing leads to another. Just a nice couple of hours together.
As for the rain... on Wednesday around 3:30AM, I heard the thunder... saw some lightening.... then the downpour. The storm rain only lasted about half an hour. I still had to water the plants in the later morning. But what it lacked in water it made up for in the humidity. Now, we really so not have humidity like in other parts of the country, but when we do, it is not pleasant. Today is starting off a bit cloudy as it did yesterday, but the temperature over night remains around 90 so it can only get hot by mid day... 100+ hot. The electric company is happy....
Time to return to relaxing. Glad you stopped by, maybe a picture or two tomorrow....love your kind words and emails....glad you all enjoyed my last post and heart shaped leaf. Have a great day....
Madame Muriel update tomorrow!

9 comments:

cucki said...

Glad you had a fun time with your sweet friend..
Tell her cucki is saying hi from South Africa ..
And can't wait to see her sampler..
Lovely x

meggie said...

Hello Gracie

Sounds like a lovely afternoon with a good friend.
I would love to see her sampler.
Happy weekend (:

Heather said...

It's always great to have someone close and pop over and do some stitching together.

Vickie said...

How nice to have a fellow stitcher so close. =)
I like Perry Mason too. ;)

Chookyblue...... said...

hope the weather cools for your soon...............nice to have someone to sew with..........

ginnyt said...

We here in Va. have had too much rain; Your friend looks so sweet.

Annette-California said...

LOL - I understand about the happy Electric company. I am sooooo not looking forward to my next bill. Have lovely to have a stitcher neighbor so close. You are very thoughtful to have walked over to her - that's so sweet. I've been watching the hallmark channel - they have Christmas movies all this weekend:) Happy stitching.
love Annette

Brigitte said...

That sounds so great to me, a little get-together with a nice neighbour and some chatting and stitching.

Julie said...

How lovely you have someone so close by to enjoy some stitching time with.