Sunday, June 30, 2013

Not a good morning...

Besides being hot outside I woke with a headache...not a very bad one, but enough to be annoying. But I do not think you really want to hear my woe....how about....
This is a gift I made for Debra. She mentioned that she did not have a display for her scissors so I looked for one of the dishes that many of us have.... they are not easy to come by out here. These are ...candle stick holders! I looked at them and figured they could work upside down and they did. I made a pin cushion and a counting pin with a few purchased roses.... I have not made mine up yet.
Debra made time for me and helped me with my beaded snowflake. So far it is looking very nice. We have discovered that we are kindred spirits...our new friendship feels like it has been forever. Debra brought me a very lovely gift... will show you later. I was so touched.
The other night Mr H and I shopped at AJ's, a specialty market and I bought...
 3 Beautiful Gladiola stems
Peach, White and yellow. What a bright spot for the dining table. When we lived in Rhode Island, we grew them occasionally...
Mr H took down the hanging plant which will eliminate the Quail nest.... hopefully the plant will thrive now. It has been so nice to have you visit with me today. Thank you for the kind words and emails.... hope you have a good day.

6 comments:

meggie said...

A lovely gift, very pretty.
Beautiful gladioli too.
Hope your headache didn't last too long.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful scissor holder you made. Great idea taking a pretty candlestick holder and transforming it. Hope you feel better Gracie. Our temp yesterday was 109, I understand about your heat you've been having. It's supposed to be hotter here today, and we are in the bay area. Love the galdiola's. love Annette

cucki said...

Sweet gift :)
Big hugs x

Vickie said...

What a creative mind Gracie! That is a sweet gift. And some gorgeous flowers you picked up.

Julie said...

So wonderful to think of a different way to use the candlestick, it's beautiful and will be so treasured by your new friend. I too have recently had a person step on the path I am taking in life and they have enriched my days. Long may your friendship (and learning of the tatting) continue xxx

Heather said...

Great idea for a gift Gracie, I love it. Beautiful flowers for the home.