Sunday, June 23, 2013

I see the moon and the moon sees me

What a spectacular sighting last night. Mr H and I went to a Stargazing at the Challenger Space Center here in Arizona. When we returned home I decided to take a picture of the big bold moon...
this is with my camera, a little blurred, but nonetheless, a lovely view of the moon.  I did use a tripod to steady the camera, but I guess I should have used the timer too.
One of the astronomers took this next one with my camera through the scope...

All in all, my picture is not too bad. The detail of course with the massive telescope is wonderful. Tonight is the real full moon so I will try again to capture a better picture.
Speaking of pictures....
my tatting is improving. I owe it all to Debra of course, but also to Shirlee for finding Debra for me all the way from Kentucky... and to Nicola for her encouragement sending me the book and DVD. Of course it is also that all the encouragement I receive from you my dear friends that I have succeeded so far. Adding beads is really, now listen to me, quite easy...
I think a few of these will look nice on the tree this year...what do you think?



And as if this not enough to keep me busy, I have worked on the doll.
yes, I am aware that it is correct to add beads and accents at the finish of stitching, but I just had to do it now!  I always feel that I march to a different drummer. Anyway, she is looking quite presentable now.
An update on the bees.... Mr H said they did not look like the regular bees we have in our garden and around the pond, these unidentified bees are now not able to crawl into the space as Mr H sealed it off. I have not been able to find a picture yet to identify them.
Tomorrow is our monthly stitch group meeting. Today I plan to stitch and maybe start another tatting snowflake or something. I am still working on my Angela exchange and ..... well, I have a list a mile long! I smell the coffee so off I go. Thank you for the kind words and emails and for spending time here with me. I would love to get together with each of you and sit and chat face to face! Have a wonderful day....

11 comments:

meggie said...

Beautiful moon and beautiful stitching.
I also add beads as I go.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful photos of the moon, make me want to hooooooooowwwwwwwl.

I love your tatting and the beaded doll. I'm very obedient, I bead at the end!

butterfly said...

Lovely moon picture.
Tatting looks great , and I love the doll can you say what the chart is ? HUGS

cucki said...

Beautiful moon and sweet stitching..
Big hugs x

Vickie said...

Gracie the doll is a sweetie.
Wouldn't that be fabulous for us all to get together?! That would be awesome!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The moon is supposed to be extra big and extra bright tonight. Your doll looks good and I look forward to seeing more.

ginnyt said...

your tatting is looking gorgeous!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

we watched the super moon rise last night too......I LOVE watching the moon rise.......it's something very special......

Simply Victoria said...

The tree is gorgeous and the doll is coming along so nicely.

Julie said...

You have whipped up that little tree so wonderfully, very effective and so delicate.
Your pictures of the moon are amazing.

Annette-California said...

Your tatted Christmas tree is beautiful gracie. I am loving the beadwork on the doll's sleeves, so pretty. Lovely photo's of the moon.
love Annette