Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Missed the recycle truck!

I hate when I we forget to put out the recycle..... we accumulate so much ... I really should re-phrase that. Mr H drinks lots of Brisk Iced Tea so we have many bottles..... not many canned items. Then there is the news paper. Mr H  takes L & J's (the lovely couple next door) papers to put out with ours. Now, they get a few other papers per week so that really amounts to lots of newsprint. Our collection is twice a month so now we wait for 2 weeks to get it all collected.... unless, we put it into the trunk of the car and drive over to the collection site behind the plaza near by... a thought.
I have been very busy stitching on The Doll. I thought I bought all the required amount of Weeks Dye Works, but I seem to be missing the second skein of White Lightening...so I am at a stand still for the apron and now have moved on to the dress. Since we Mr H has a doctor appointment over on the East Valley, and there is a shop I can get some threads, I will pick that up today and I guess while I am there I will get  the threads for the Witch Doll.  My tatting is at a stop.... Debra gave me a pattern for a beaded star ornament and I am not understanding it too well. I will have to call her tonight.... What would I do without her!
We are in a heat advisory this week as the temps are expected to be around 115 this Friday/Saturday. Let me say, that when it is 107 or 110 as it was at 5 PM when I got out of work yesterday, 115 is not really that much more. It does limit our ambition to do anything however. I plan to stitch and Mr H will find a few movies to watch for us and we will relax..... how about you? What is the weather in your neck of the woods? I am enjoying an ice cold glass of Gatorade Rain.,.. so I will toddle off to my stitch shair and drink plenty of fluids.... glad you stopped by. Have a great day....

8 comments:

cucki said...

Oh dear it happened with me this week...
Phew I think I am too busy enjoying the kids holiday time..
Naughty me..
Love u x

meggie said...

It happens to us too! We need to get the bins to the perimeter of your properties by 7.am and can't put it out the night before. It's such a pain when we miss them.

I'm so looking forward to seeing your doll.
Hope you had a restful, shady day.

Vickie said...

It has been in the 90's all week here. We have had a bit of rain each day also.

ginnyt said...

Here in Va. Beach it's been 90, but the humidity makes it feel like 100. Your tatting is lovely!!!

Melanie Johnson said...

I have the same weather here in Twentynine Palms, Ca.. It feel cool about 3:00 a.m..

Mouse said...

we are every two weeks for the bins and sometimes it seems ages when the bins are full ... take care in the heat and I hope you get your thread and the help with the tatting :) love mouse xxxxxx

Annette-California said...

Our weather here yesterday was 75 degrees but the humidity was 72%. It was awful. We are never have had humidity like this. Yuk! Hope you get your threads and have a stitch in during your very and too hot days. love Annette

Julie said...

Our recycling has just changed yet again, we now have a weekly collection with everything going into a brand new bin, seems to working well for us, we too have lots of recycling and it's not all stash filled empty envelopes!

Way too hot for me where you are, a nice 21 degrees here this past couple of days, just beautiful for eating my evening meal in the sunshine and relaxing after hubby's had a busy day at work...bliss.