Thursday, June 27, 2013

an apron, the birds and the morning moon

I did get my threads yesterday and ordered some. So now  The Doll will have her apron finished today....
I have7 rows to complete it. I wish I could just concentrate on one project as I used to do. Now, I find myself getting ready for the next one. That is not exactly true... because I am also thinking of another so that makes me crazy, right? There was a time, in the beginning, that I worked on one thing at a time. Then I graduated to the mind set that I can do it.... just because I can does not mean that I should! It is just that sometimes I need to take a break from one then I have another to work with. Of course now there is my tatting.... I have yet to call Debra as she started a new job this week and I do not want to add to her work load! Speaking of load....
Just how many want to feast at one time! Just as I snapped this, 3 flew off.... is you look closely, you can see the tail of one at the bottom right of the feed sack. and also the tail of another at the top right. There is plenty of room for them to eat but they constantly chase each other away. They make me dizzy! This feed sack has been the best idea I have had. The larger birds can not gobble it all up in seconds. They get what falls to the ground which eliminates wasted seed.
I could not help taking a picture of the moon this morning... it really did call to me. The morning sky can be so beautiful....
We are in Heat Advisory mode from Friday through Sunday when temps are now expected to be around 115 to 118.... I have only a few errands to do today and that should be it.... Mr H and I will hibernate for a few days. Speaking of Mr H..... the doctor appointment was a good report but a few hours after being home he did not feel well. After a couple of hours rest Mr H decided to take the recycle to the bins I mentioned yesterday. He was back in the garage within minutes. How was I to know they are no longer there! How was I to know it would be a wasted trip? So now, we have plenty of newspaper and 2 liter bottles....next date for pick up is July 10. What can I say! I can say thank you for the kind words and that you take time to visit with me... I can say have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

butterfly said...

Your doll is looking beautiful, don't worry gracie I work on about 3 to 5 some times 10 in one night thats why i am a butterfly flying from one to another, hugs.

Julie said...

Your doll is growing so beautifully, i love her little basket.
Obviously the birds know the best 'restaurant' in the area to come and eat!
Gorgeous morning pic, such a lovely colour sky, it was dull and dismal here today

cucki said...

I love your doll so much...she is so sweet *.*
I love birdie so much..always my fav :)
Hugs x

meggie said...

Hello

Your doll is looking beautiful.
I love the bird feeder and the birds.
stunning moon and sky.

meggie said...

Hello

Your doll is looking beautiful.
I love the bird feeder and the birds.
stunning moon and sky.

Vicki Boster said...

Oh my-- your cross stitch is beautiful- I'd love to see it all completed! Beautiful colors. I used to cross stitch-- love doing it-- just don't have the time. I guess I had to give it up for my knitting obsession :)

Your photo of the moon is amazing!

Thank you for visiting and leaving sweet words- my blog friends are so precious to me---
Vicki