Friday, May 3, 2013

What did you do at 3 am this morning???

As you all know, I am an early riser....okay, I am up before dawn most every day. When I get up, I sometimes just watch a movie  and have a cup of tea..... but sometimes I must do something...
out came my fabric circle cutter, needle and thread and 2 yo-yo makers.... and this is what happened. I wish I could tell you exactly where I found the idea for this. All I can say is that it was one of those early mornings that I visited blogs/web sites or the like in the wee hours. My diagram and notes for this prove it. Apologies if I am not giving credit where it is due.  An no, she does not have a face as I am not sure what "my angels" faces look like. Yesterday...what did we do? Oh yses I remember...while Mr H ran into Basha's for something, I ran into the Quilt Shop...
I could not resist this Moda sale.  Pre-cut 6 inch squares and matching fabric....and before you ask, I do know exactly what it will become. It was Mr H's idea I browse there while he was busy! That will teach him to send me off....
And if that was not enough happiness for the day, my Nordic Needle package arrived....
Just look at these luscious colors.... and they are for the first of the Alphabet Dolls... hopefully I will get to start it in a couple of days....just need a few extra hours in my day, no errands to run and not get tired..now I ask you,  is that really too much to ask for? Today is my lesson #2 with Debra for tatting. I have been practicing and really look forward to this afternoon. Debra kindly gave me a catalog for tatting supplies... I can blame her for enabling me to shop! I really prefer to buy all supplies locally, but I have not been able to find much in the way of tatting. Did you hear that The Attic has moved? Yes, and they will soon re-open not too far from where there were.... looking forward to visiting the new location. By now you must be wondering about the Quails... they have been here and there as well as another family. The bunnies are getting plentiful.... and there is a new.... yes, a new nest of House Finches. This one is in our hanging plant out in front where L&J's nest is. No eggs yet, but Mr H is not too happy to having another one of his plants whither! Oh well-------I will try for an updated finch picture.
That is about it for today my friends. Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to stop and chat. Have a wonderful day....

4 comments:

Heather said...

I think there are more of us up in the wee hours than anyone knows. I am up blog hopping and doing a little stitching.Love your angel, very cute.

cucki said...

Aww super cute angels..I love them so much
Happy weekend deary
Hugs x

Brigitte said...

I'm also an early riser - but not as early as you are. So I can easily say what I do at 3 am - sleep, lol.
You were really very creative, your angel is adorable.

Tiny M said...

Hello Gracie

The angel looks very sweet!
Lovely fabric and threads too.
Happy weekend.