Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Progress

Some days I feel like I really can do anything. I think I am making progress....
okay, I know what you are thinking... she could not use a shuttle now she is using 2...count them, 2 at once! My progress is showing. I have 2 different threads ....the green shuttle is DMC size 8 and the yellow is Lizbeth size 20. The pattern is the same. Just doing rings with picots....for now. Looking forward to Friday for lesson 2 with Debra
We had a relaxing quiet Monday...so I stitched...
 this will be a bunch of violets.... several shades of pink and purple. I am stitching on 18 count miscellaneous white. It is not my favorite piece of fabric as it is stiff, but I thought it would work well for the candle stand opening...it is 5 x 7. The pattern is from Sudberry which is the company for the stand.  
Hard to believe that this is the last day of April. Just where are these months going? I feel like parts of them are a blur.  It must be that age thing...loosing things! What I do know is that it is hot already here in Arizona. We hit the first 100 temp day on Sunday...yesterday it was 102...today will be cooler at 99! Summer is here...... Mr H ordered the remote starter for the car..... any day now. I have always had one on my cars and I do miss it. Nothing like getting a minute of air conditioning before getting into a car that sits out in the heat for several hours. Back East it was to melt the ice and snow.
 By the way, there is a new blogger...Tiny from Tiny Cotton Kisses...visit and welcome her to our creative world. Thank you for visiting and for the kind words and emails...they are most appreciated.
 I am off to work today.... whatever your plans, hope you have a great day.
*****note***** if you missed yesterday's post, I put my FB link to a short video of our Quail babies....check it out.

7 comments:

cucki said...

Sweeeeeet ❤❤enjoy dear xx

Tiny said...

Hello

Thank you for mentioning my blog!.
The tatting is looking lovely, I can't begin to imagine how to do that!
The violets are pretty too.

Lelia said...

Progress is progress! It takes awhile to get the hang of it + enjoy the journey!!!

Julie said...

Hope you have a good day at work. Well done on the tatting, 2 shuttles is marvellous.

Heather said...

Love your projects so far and thanks for the bird updates hubby and I are loving them.

ginnyt said...

never could master tatting, maybe I'll try again; love your blog

Shirlee said...

Your tatting is really coming along nicely : ) I'm so glad you're enjoying it : )