Sunday, April 28, 2013

daytrip yesterday....

Mr H decided to ride to Superstition Mountains yesterday ... Apache Junction area.
It was a nice day and the ride is about 1 1/2 hours.....
This is where the Lost Dutchman mine is suppose to be.  No one has ever found it and a few have died trying or have need rescue because they got lost. I just love the history around and about Arizona.... I know all states have history. Mr H is reading Arizona Adventure written by state historian, Marshall Trimble. This is volume 1 and I will get volume 2 and 3 next. What a jump in reading for Mr H... last book was about the Roman
empire. 
I finally was able to snatch a couple of pictures of the Mr & Mrs Quail ......
at this very moment they are calling to one another to switch places. Mr H thinks one of the eggs has hatched. He was able to peek in briefly yesterday but we need to be careful not to spook the parents or they will abandon the eggs. Still trying to see the finches out front. I am sure any day I will hear these little quail and will try to capture a picture.
I have practicing with my shuttle.... I am so slow with the maneuvering of it! I actually know when it is not right so that is an improvement. I am so happy we could spend some time together.... but I must get the laundry into the dryer and then take my needlework basket out to the lanai...too nice to stay inside.... but, as it is 7 am and the temp is 74, the prediction is for the temp to be 100 today....now is the time to go out there...will be too warm later. I think I will wait until these birds get settled first or I will not be able to shuttle!  It seems to be taking longer today. Hope your day is just wonderful. Thank you for the kind words.....
16 days until The Brother arrives.

6 comments:

cucki said...

aww so beautiful x

Annette-California said...

Nice day trip. Love the quails. have a great day Gracie:) love Annette

Stacie said...

That looks like a fun day trip with beautiful scenery! The quails are so cute! I saw a finch pair today in the back, I am hoping they are nesting somewhere close.

Heather said...

I love everything about the Superstition Mountains...the name, the location and the story! Just fascinating! The quails are super cute, nothing like the little round birds we have here.Thanks Gracie.

Michele said...

Mr H is not alone in his fascination with history. His jumping from the Romans to Arizona's history is nothing unusual to me since I do it too, LOL. Pretty quail. Grats on the slow and steady improvement of your shuttle work. It says a lot if you are now aware of it when things don't seem right.

Minnie said...

This sounded like the beginning of a beautiful day. Loved the quail pictures I hope you got in a few stitches before it got too hot.